Chapter 7

You had somehow snuck semi-naked tiger-boy through the huge crowd of people searching for the (no longer?) missing tiger, and safely into your car.

Your jacket was now safely readjusted to cover the parts of him you really didn't want to see, and you were currently sticking the key into the ignition.

You heard the engine rev to life and sat back to buckle your seatbelt, before glancing casually over at Taehyung.

"Taehyung, do you have your seatbelt on?" You asked, half paying attention as you started to back out of the parking space.

Silence.

You didn't realize at first, but then a growing fear hit your chest as you stared over at him.

"You don't know how to buckle a seatbelt, do you." You stated.

Taehyung stared back. "What's a seatbelt?" He asked curiously, cocking his head to the side.

Oh no.

You took a deep breath, closing your eyes.

Maybe this won't be so bad. Taehyung is a smart tiger, he can probably figure it out with my directions.

"A seatbelt is what keeps you secure in your seat, so that you don't fly through the window if I stop too hard or we crash. It's for safety. You see that silver thing by your head?"

He turned, staring for a bit before pointing to the buckle.

"This?"

"Yeah, just grab it, and pull it across your body."

He reached grabbing the buckle, before attempting to pull it out.

Thank the lord.

The belt stopped, the safety mechanism kicking in. He had tried to yank too hard.

"Y/nnn, it's stuck," he whined, giving it a few more tugs.

"Tae, stop, that doesn't help. If you pull it too hard it gets stuck, you have to do it softly." He stared, before giving it another yank.

"It didn't work," he stated.

You were forming a headache. "That's because you're still doing it too hard," you told him.

"How?" He exclaimed. "That was really soft!"

"You know what?" You said, impatience getting the better of you. "I'll just do it for you."

You reached across him to grab the belt, and Taehyung froze.

Your hair shifted as you leaned forward, and he slowly leaned forward to bury his face into your hair, inhaling deeply.

The urge to lick was strong, but he had past experience that told him he would only end up with a mouthful of hair and a ten minute fuss of getting your hair untangled from his tongue.

...Also a pissed off you.

You felt him stick his nose into your hair, and you sighed.

You shouldn't get frustrated, Taehyung was only a tiger after all, he had never learned this before. You were just on edge from everything that had happened today, already extremely worked up from when you'd lost him, only to have to find him like this.

You looked up to give him a soft smile, laughing as his face became frozen. "We'll figure everything out, buddy, I promise." You said softly to him, and he looked at you with an unreadable expression in his eyes.

You went and pulled it securely across his waist, and everything was going smoothly, until you tried to buckle it in.

The cold metal made contact with the part of his thigh that's wasn't covered, and that's when everything went downhill.

"Agh!" He yelped, and jumped up, banging his head on the car, and you watched in horror as the jacket fell and twisted around his legs, sending him scrambling across you.

"AAAAAH!" You screamed, your mind automatically rejecting the sight on Taehyung's bare butt that close to your face.

"AAAAAH!" Taehyung screamed back, your scream scaring him.

You slapped your hand over your eyes. The possibility of accidentally seeing something was way too high right now.

"Taehyung!" You yelled. "Get off me and grab that jacket and put it back over your lap!"

There was a silence, only the sound of both of your heavy breathing filling the car, before you felt the weight of Taehyung lift off of you and the shuffling of cloth, indicating he'd gotten back into his previous position.

"Can I look now?" You asked tentatively.

"I don't really know why you wouldn't be able to look, but sure." He replied.

That wasn't very reassuring, but when you removed your hand you were relieved to find everything was covered,  thankfully.

Your eyes zeroes in on the large amount of thigh that was definitely not covered.

Okay almost everything.

"Okay," you started, "we're going to try this again. And this time don't jump if something cold touches you. I'll try not to though, okay?"

He nodded his head.

Everything went smoothly this time. You made sure to cover the metal with your hand, so the back of your hand brushed his thigh instead of the cold buckle.

You saw him shiver though, so maybe you hadn't covered it completely. Or your hands were just freezing cold.

You pulled out, and started driving, heading to the exit of the zoo.

You had a feeling this was only the beginning of troubles coming your way.

Sigh.

—————————
A/N:
Literally all of my characters have a full on break down where they then just assume what happened was a dream and honestly what a mOOD.