MTM.7

overthinking

Viviana loves her bags, I thought to myself as I smoothed my hand over the folded up, silky fabric that she had pulled out of her bag just minutes before, it's really more of an obsession.

She finished tucking in her loose, black, round neck t-shirt into the light washed jeans that she had just pulled on, overall it went very well together, and I noticed that Viviana had smiled to herself once she threw her little, black, leather backpack over her shoulder.

It seemed as though she always found a way to sneak things into my room, even the leather backpack was tucked away in the back of one of my dresser drawers.

Glancing up at her with awe in my brown eyes, the look of being proud evident in them as I concluded my very own theory of her confidence. She knew that she was a very fashionable woman.

Viviana's freakishly long ponytail nearly hung all the way down to her hips, she quickly flicked her black hair behind her, and it swayed back and forth slowly before it relaxed by going straight down the middle of her back. As the movement replayed over and over in my mind, her fingers soon snapped in front of my blank face, the glossy grey colour of her acrylic nails pulled me out of my trance.

"Well?" She spoke, and one of her matching black eyebrows lifted up as she continued, "Aren't you going to try it on?"

"Right," I answered, sounding breathless as I stood up from my bed with the thin pile of clothing held tightly in my hands, and I noticed that she put her hands on her hips when I had started walking out of the room.

Going through the hallway, I looked down at the light blue colour of the new fabric, and even when I was attempting to shut the bathroom door behind me, I was still examining it.

Stripping down, I threw my pyjamas on the tiled floor and pulled on the soft dress that Viviana had insisted I should wear because it would look 'hot'.

Looking down at the ground, seeing only the very bottom of the mirror's view, I was able to see my bare knees and the bottom half of my pale thighs as the short dress would only cover so much. My eyes wandered up over the big, brown buttons in the front that held it together until they went completely past the black tiles of the cold floor and towards the full length of the tall mirror that was hung on the bathroom door. My coffee eyes nearly jumped out of my head once I caught sight of the tightened top piece.

The very top button had already been forcibly popped off and the one just beneath it was threatening to come apart, the fabric wrapped around the button was barely hanging on and the button itself was begging to be undone.

Now, she can't possibly expect me to wear this, does she?

Huffing, I grabbed the bundle of my worn pyjamas and rushed back to my bedroom with the pile in my arms to see Viviana sitting down while she waited for me to return. Dropping the clothes I had in my arms, they fell flat against the floor, and I crossed my arms over my large chest as I gave her an accusing glare.

"You did this on purpose," I said.

Her electric blue eyes widened and her mouth dropped open as she innocently defended herself, a hand rested on the top of her chest, "I don't know exactly what I'm being accused of. Now, what did I do this time that was so bad?"

My arms flew open, slapping against the side of my thighs before I pointed a finger at her, and just about yelled, "You purposely brought me a dress that would-" lowering my voice, "-would show off my jigglies!"