Chapter 7: Agent 4 has a brother?

When pearl went to check on how 8 was doing, she carefully opened the door to see her getting her gear on. Quietly approaching the girl, pearl spoke up "are you alright 8?". 8 just glanced in her direction with a unreadable expression; nodding,she continued to grab her weapons and armor. Although she wasn't able to bring her crop top and Tight skirt with her to the surface, she had some gear that she'd gotten from Padre.

Slipping on her Neo octoling boots and armor, she grabbed her octo shot and rushed out.

But not before taking one look at the shades she had also gotten from padre.

"Should i?...."

She shook her head and grabbed the shades, slipping them into the pocket of her shorts.

Leaving the room, pearl followed shortly after. 8 walked to the door and glanced in 3s' direction. She saw that he was lost in deep thought, perhaps he had secrets too?

3 stood up and the trio left to octo canyon.

♡time skip brought to you by judd♡

The three of them arrived at octo canyon meeting up with the others.

As well as someone new?

4 ran up to 3 and began speaking with him, probably filling him in on the details. Just as 8 was about to speak with callie, a male inkling walked up to her.

"I've never seen you before? What's your name?" He asked.

8 just remained silent, the male before him sighed and proceeded to introduce himself. "Names' (A/4.5), I'm 4's twin brother".

8 looked at him and then 4; they did look alike but at the same time, different? He chuckled, he explained that he had been sent another mission and hadn't returned until today.

"I'm agent 4.5, it's nice to meet you..." he tried agian.

8 just held up 8 fingers and he took the hint. She wasn't trying to mean or anything, she just wasn't really comfortable talk to people yet. 4.5 glanced the direction of 3 and 4 and saw 3 glaring at him. 4.5 took his chance to wrap his arm around 8s' shoulder and whisper into her ear "hey short stuff, wanna play a game called 'make 3 jealous'?".

8 thought it would 've entertaining, so she played along. 4.5 would make jokes and whisper in her ear, making her laugh and smile.

3 grew jealous very quickly.
"...and That leads to- 3? Are you listening?" 4 asks. 3 just keeps glaring at 4.5. 4.5 can be a playboy and a bit touchy somtimes, the and 3 had their differences, which is why they were never assigned missions together.

4 caught on very quickly, she smirked and said in a sarcastic voice "jealous, aren't ya?".

3 looked at 4 for a moment with a look of surprise. "N-no! Why the neck would I be jealous?". 4's smile just grew wider. "Stutter much?" She said, causing 3 to blush slightly.

Once all was said and done, introductions were out of the way, jealousy and flirting were stopped when Marie asked for everyone's attention.

"We've gather here because marina has gone missing, die to that fact we must look for as much info as we can. If you find anything please keep in contact. For now, this little issue in top secret, details will be discussed at a later ti-" Marie was cut off when a bit of enemy ink found it's way right next to her.

"THEIR HERE!" 3 screamed out.

Everyone took cover as the shots of ink seemed to never stop.

4 and 4.5 pushed over the couch and hid there, Callie and Marie hid behind the shack, and 8 and 3 took cover by the entrance railings.

Sitting up and aiming, 8 shot at the octoling menace. There she saw about 7 enemies.

Once the opposing side began firing agian, 8 took cover and held up 7 fingers for 3 to see. He nodded in understanding. After the shots died down again, the rest of the group began to move up, trying to push past them.

Shot after shot, move after move; it seemed as though this fight would have gone on forever.

8 knew she had to end this quickly, they has been hit by a few splat bombs and seekers, leaving them with badly hurt agents.

As soon as the firing fell quiet once more, 8 took her chance. 3 tried to stop her but missed and alone, she took out every single enemy. By the time she was finnaly done, she was hurt quite badly. Falling to her knees and dropping her octo shot, her breathing quickened.

Had she taken much more damage, she would have been splatted.

3 ran up to her to see to her wounds. After announcing that it was no longer safe to meet there, everyone went home.

Unfortunately, 8 couldn't even stand much less walk. 3 picked her up in his arms and carried her home. On the way she fell asleep.

Hoping they'd find Marina, and soon.

Gm: I'll edit later if there are grammar mistakes. I tried to get this out ASAP Becuase I kind of left this book for waaay to long.