Chapter 39

"EJ.. While I was sleeping.. I had a dream. About you killing Candy but he wasn't really dead and that there were sixteen Candy's, and he made Jeff kill me and he told you that Jeff and BEN were in a sexual relationship.. Even Slender was working with Candy! Did all that happen?"
I ask Jack as we dragged Candypops body outside to burn him, along with BENs body that EJ decapitated. I was still confused on what had happened. Was it a dream? Was it an alternative universe where I died so was given another chance in a different world to survive? What was really happening?
"First of all, calm the hell down. None of that happened. You helped me kill Candy, that's what happened, none of that other stuff you're talking about. And trust me, BEN has tried flirting with Jeff before and it did not end well, so I doubt they were in a sexual relationship before you tuned up. Also, Slender never takes sides."
I couldn't help breathe a sigh of relief. It meant now that I could be with Jeff and not feel guilty. I mean, even if BEN is dead now so it wouldn't matter anyway, I still would have felt off about the whole thing.. But now luckily I don't have to feel that way.

We arrive to where BENs body was. I couldn't help feel sorry for him.
"Poor BEN.."
I mumble as I place his head on his back. Helping EJ once more to move Candy's body over BENs.
"Don't feel sorry for him, he tried to kill you too."
I suddenly drop Candy's ankle and shoot an angry stare towards Jack. He turns his head in my direction, tilting it a little.
"What?"
He says as he continues to hold Candypops leg while staring at me through his dark blue mask.
"You tried to kill me too!"
I yell, crossing my arms, grinding my teeth harshly. The little shit thought he could get on my good side for helping me, but at the end of the day, he still worked with Candy in the beginning.
However, he doesn't answer. He just shrugs he shoulders and starts to drag Candy once again.
"Oi! Don't ignore me! You may have helped me but you're not on my good side yet-"
Jack suddenly drops Candy's leg and storms over to me, standing dangerously close. His height towering over mine.
"Listen here missy. I worked with Candy to gain his trust so I could betray him for killing those around me, around all of us. Secondly, I did not kill him to help you. You're selfish and irritating. I'd happily let Candy kill you if it wasn't for Jeff liking you. I only killed Candy for my benefit."
I was furious. How could he say such a thing a right to my face. But I had to remember that he is a cold hearted killer who cares for nobody but himself.
"Only for your benefit? Who's the selfish one now."
I growl before running off, making my way back to the Mansion. Listening to the distant sound of crackling flames as Jack sets the bodies on fire.

I wanted to go and check on Jeff. He was still unconscious when EJ and I left to drag Candy outside. I walk quietly into the room and sit in the floor beside Jeffs bed. EJ was just going to leave him on the floor but I wouldn't allow it. So he helped me lay him down.
"I'm sorry Jeff.. this is all my fault., BEN would still be alive if it wasn't for me.."
I reach out over the bed, taking his hand in mine and squeezing it gently. Rubbing his soft skin with my thumb smoothly, watching him as he just lays there.
"[Name]. My office, now."
A voice suddenly speaks from behind me. I quickly turn my head to briefly see Slender before he disappears without a trace.
"Oh fuck.."