Chapter Eighteen

M E A N I N G F U L
M I S T A K E S
Chapter Eighteen

I begin to grow worried, but I still have the same rush of adrenaline building in my veins

I begin to grow worried, but I still have the same rush of adrenaline building in my veins. I haven't seen Mia at all yet, and I'm unsure if it's a good or bad thing.

Hunter is jotting down some notes for us to include in our Ancient History project, and I am supposed to be doing the same.

I know at any moment Mia and her friends could storm through that door and point their fingers at us for the damaged car.

I don't regret doing what we had, but it's the consequences I'm worried about. Mia is harsh, but I haven't seen her at her worst. Her insults already affect me so much as it is.

"Why are a lot of people referred to as 'idiots'?" My eyes leave the door and move to Hunter who is reading over the text book with a frown.

"In the Ancient Greek language idiot meant anyone who wasn't a politician." After I answer, his eyebrows still stay drawn together in confusion and a 'huh' comes from him.

I look back to the door, waiting for Mia's grand entrance she wouldn't fail to make at any given opportunity. "Relax, Lollipops. She probably threw a tantrum and went home. There's no need to stare at the door like it will disappear any second."

I tear my eyes away. "Probably." It doesn't seem like Mia to go home after being the centre of negative attention. She'd want her revenge.

There's no point in waiting for her. I sigh and focus down on my own work. It's difficult to. My brain goes back to Hunter and I covering the car and him trying to make jokes while we were passing the plastic wrap back and forth.

"We have one minute to class ends anyway." He closes his text book and places it on top of the paper he was taking notes on. The teacher glared at him for packing up early.

I gather the blank sheets in front of me that I never worked on, and shove them into my textbook. The bell rings at the perfect time.

"Only an hour and ten minutes to go." Hunter mumbles while we exit our Ancient History class. I glance around the crowded hall in search for Mia, Kimberly, or Natasha- but there is no sign of them.

"I cannot wait until I graduate and get out of this hell hole." I unlock my locker where I wedge my textbook in.

"What are you going to do after you graduate?" Hunter asks and I shut my locker. We walk down the corridor. He stands close enough that his upper arm brushes my shoulder.

I never put much thought into it. "Get a job, I guess. I don't know."

"You're not going to college?" He raises his eyebrows and I shrug my shoulders. "Is there anything you want to do? Have as a profession?"