If A Man Talk Shit Then I Owe Him Nothing

The next weekend came faster than I thought it would. I simply just spent the rest of the days of the week my reading all the novels I had bought. Even though I read them all but I still didn't know what events had taken place in them. Because my mind was always swirling around that night on which Mrs Holt had paid us a visit and I defended myself a little like a clouded mist. But the little argument wasn't the thing that bothered me.

It was was happened after it.

I had come to my room - constantly telling myself not to cry. Telling myself that Ashley wants a child's play and nothing more. Telling myself why do I care if her manipulation actually corrupted Rhysand's mind.

I'd furiously shut the door behind me and threw myself onto the bed not caring if they could hear me. Don't cry. I had commanded myself as if that would stop the dull ache that was forming in my heart.

That night I had done nothing but wrote down all the feelings that were building up inside of me like a wall. A stone wall. That I was afraid would turn my heart into stone than it already it was.

All of my stupidity has just stuck me. How could I even think that these people will only think good of me? Even thought I hadn't done nothing to them. Not yet. This place that I have locked myself in by thinking that it was a silent command from him. But I think I am just being paranoid. This place is not home. The place I left wasn't home. So what is home to me? I never felt the family bond in all those years apart from the times when Ridge was there. And this place is just like that. Pale. Gray. Gloomy. Darkness. Why do they think so little of me? Why can't their oh-so mighty brains think that I was dragged into this mess too. Not just them. They all are benefited from it. So why do that have to...be themselves. Or I'm just letting the prejudice blind me.

I read through the line of truth. The line I was cringing as I read them. But those were from my heart and it was the truth. Why does it always feel like I'm walking down a dark tunnel and when I see the light. I sprint towards it. But it only seems to run away from me.

I shrugged off all the feelings I was having at the moment and focused on myself for once. I sat in front of the vanity in my deep blue dress. I had picked it put myseld from the branded store in New York. The expensive beautiful cloth that danced gracefully when air hit it made me smile a little. I looked at the crown of my head and ran my fingers over the braids I had made with perfection made me believe that all my beauty held in these strands of sunset. My smile faded when my gaze fell on the brace of my leg.

That lame old thing.

I try not to think of what life could have been if odds were in my favor. I would have a name of my own in this world. People would have known me as Avery Stark the delegate of USA. Not as Avery Holt wife of Rhys Holt.

There was a silent knock on my bedroom door. And a head peeped in causing me to put a small in defence.

The maids had returned the exact same day as the day we had breakfast with Mr.Holt. They were young dark haired twins. Claire and Clara. They were filled with life and were year older than me. Their mother used to work for the Holt family since Rhys was little. But then the twins's older brother had become a father and she left America to live with her son and his wife in London.

This was Claire at my door at the moment. Her face gleaming with happiness. The glint on her eyes reminded me of yesterday. When u heard her and Carla talking about Rhys and I. Their words made me choke on my water and when they realised thst I was in the same room as them. Both of thier faces had turned white like snow.

They look so good together.

I totally ship them. Said the other while I tried not to barf.

"Yes?" I tucked a loose strand of my hair back looking for any final touches.

"Rhysand is waiting for you in the living room" she walked into the room as she assessed it, looking at the mess and then back at me.

  "Uh..sure but" my hand stared to become sweaty.
   "But?" She raised an eyebrow at me.
    "I need you to help me put my knee cap on. So that I won't have to use my cane or the braces" I said. The knee cap was meant for my whole leg. After I wear it I will walk like a normal person. But the doctors said that I shouldn't wear it often because it deforms the bone structure. And we can't have that.

"Sure!" She smiled showing me the set of white teeth.

After getting every thing done within ten minutes. Claire left to go to her home because it was getting late for them. I built up courage to get out of the room. And wondered why the hell am I being a nervous wreck.

I shut the door behind me and I walked gracefully down the ramp. Trying not to look awkward and trying to get as comfortable as possible in this knee cap.

From the corner of my eyes I saw Rhys sitting on a couch in a deep thought. Ever since his mother came to his house. He became a shadow, for the past three days I hadn't seen him until now.

I tried not to dare myself to admire his string built but my traitorous eyes still did. I coughed a little to get his attention. So that we could get over with this stupid night. A special night for his though. He was becoming the next CEO.

"I know you are behind me" he said with a gruff tone causing me to roll my eyes.

"Then why didn't you turn?" I reached for the clutch and my phone from the counter. Trying to look as unbothered as possible.

Rhys went stiff like a rock when he turned towards me. I was so busy with myself to notice his expressions at first. But now I held him in my gaze.

His eyes travelled slowly from my head to my toes. Shocked. Curious. And another emotion I couldn't yet decipher. But he coughed to let the awkwardness out the moment his eyes locked with mine. Even my own heart jumped with surprise. As I looked at his Greek God like face. Such beautiful eyes. Well fitted suit.

I started to walk towards the main door when I realised what I was doing. I tilted my head towards him to find him even more surprise. His eyes were stuck in my left leg that was hidden away under the deep blue dress I wore tonight.

"You are....walking" he stiffened once again.

"Don't I everyday?" I fought an urge not to roll my eyes. Stupid man. I do walk. I mean, was he that shocked to see me without my braces and cane that he couldn't form a proper sentence.

Maybe my cold answer made his snap out of what ever train of thoughts he was in.

"I mean. You don't have any braces or a cane with you" he grabbed the keys from the table and walked towards me to the front door. I had already opened the door and realised how cold the night will be.

I didn't answer him.

There was silence and then there was a lock on the door. The sound of gravel on the ground getting crunched under his feet as he walked.

Now he was standing really close to my side "Did you fool everyone into thinking that you couldn't walk for your own benefit? And you're disclosing your secret tonight?" I whipped my head towards him as fury again rippled in my nerves.

Why does he always have to pick a fight?

"No. Dumbass." I lifted the left side of my dress and showed him the knee cap I was wearing "This helps me walk without a cane or a brace for a couple of hours. I shouldn't wear this often because it affects the bone. Why do you have to think the worst of me?" I walked towards the car his driver had brought in front of us. He opened the door for me and I slid inside of the passengers seat.

After a minute or so. Rhys opened the car door and and sat in the drivers seat "If you would have just given me a straight answer. I wouldn't have assumed such thing" He turned on the engine and got us out of that banglow.

"I don't owe you anything. Not even an answer" I fisted my hand into a five trying not to unleash the beast on him.

He just glared at me that said; I don't either. But I just ignored him and focused on the world outside.

Until my phone rang.