➳ two.

We begin to run outside after the ceremony finally ends, heading to the trains. I've seen Dauntless do this hundreds of times and I've admired their ability to stay focused, yet act so wild. I keep up with a few Dauntless born and once we get to the train I see them begin to climb, this will be easy peasy.

I begin to climb the post with no problem and I look both ways to see that I'm the first person up here. "Show off." A Dauntless born boy snickers at me, but I just shrug it off.

"Get ready to run!" I hear a girl yell and I look to my left as I felt the train get closer and closer. I ran and didn't look behind, if I couldn't make this I didn't belong in Dauntless.

I grab the railing on the side of the train and start to pull myself up. Eventually I land in the cart hard and out of breath.

"Help." I hear a small voice plea and I look out the cart to see Ellie struggling to get in. Quickly, I reach my hand out for hers and pulled her in.

"Thank you, Rosemary right?"

"That's me." I say with a cheesy grin on my face.

"Wow. You don't see any Amity on a train to Dauntless, or one that's so good at jumping on trains." I laugh.

"Well I guess you could say it was destined."

I turn away and begin to think of my mother and sister. Will they be okay without me?

Snap out of it rosemary. They're tough. They can handle it, but can you? Yes, yes I can. I won't zone out, not like when my father died. I will make it in Dauntless.

"Did you hear me?" I'm snapped out of my thoughts when Ellie spoke to me, waving her hands in my face.

"They're jumping."

"What?" I ask in disbelief, but when I look out of the train cart sure enough there our bodies jumping onto a roof.

Our cart was getting closer to our destination and I began to worry.

"On three?" Ellie asks me and I nod.

"One, two.."

"Three!" I yell and force my body forward. For a second I fell as if I'm flying, but that feeling ends when I feel the hard ground beneath me. Something about this situation causes a part of me to giggle and before you know it, I erupt in laughter.

"Alright listen up." My laughter is interrupted by a deep, demanding voice. I look over to the body it belongs to and his eyes are already on my. He's tall, over six foot and wears a tight back shirt that shows off his muscles and maze looking tattoos. His face has a hard expression and I notice the piercing above his eyebrow. I look back at his eyes and they are still locked with mine, I do nothing but start at his icy blue eyes.

"My name is Eric and I'm one of the leaders here in Dauntless." He says unlocking our eyes and move to the ledge of the building. "There's only one way into Dauntless. Jump." He then gestures to a large, dark hole in the roof of the building besides us.

"Is there water or something down there?" Someone asks.

Eric shrugs. "Guess you'll find out. Or not."

I get goosebumps over his words and look around to see no one moving from their place.

"Come on initiates. Someone has to go first, who's it gonna be?"

Again no one moves. I then without thinking confidently step up.

"Me." I say and Eric raised his eyebrow.

"Alright Amity, you're up."

I send him a glare at the nickname, but quickly divert my eyes back to the dark hole.

'One, two,'

'Three.'