03. 𝘂𝗻𝗶𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝘄𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱

THE SUN GLARES HARSHLY DOWN IN BERLIN. The top of Eszter's head burns as the heat absorbs into her dark hair, making the enhanced feel physically tired as the sun drains her energy away. Sitting on the sideline like little ducks, waiting for Tony to call for the two into action. He mentioned maybe needing them, maybe not, but Eszter had been keeping to herself as she didn't bother trying to talk to Spider-Man again. Instead, she sat on one of the crates and leaned against another, her eyes closed as she soaks in the sun in the only part where her skin was exposed--her face.

Even in the scorching sun, Eszter could feel her skin practically sticking to her clothes, becoming a second layer of skin; and with the dampener still around her neck, Eszter would tug at it to relieve her skin, hoping to let some air pass through but failed. It was touching her skin and barely any space. Eszter hated the thing.

In her moment of silence, Eszter couldn't wrap her head around the fact that they were going to be fighting their friend. An Avenger versus an Avenger. Friend versus a friend. A pebble was thrown in the road, and they stumbled from something small, yet so big, creating a tear in the super-family. Something caught itself between the group of friends, creating a rift between them, leading them to war with one another.

It was insane, isn't it? Eszter thinks so.

Eszter perks up when she notices a figure running across the airport, but only to be alone. The enhanced furrows her brows, and she sees it's Steve; confused, Eszter wondered where the Winter Soldier and Ghost had gone, only knowing the two were last located with Steve. It didn't make sense as to why Steve would suddenly go through this mission alone, but maybe he wasn't; then, Eszter began to look around, but the enhanced couldn't tap into her powers that strongly, not without being zapped.

As she watches Steve run towards a helicopter in the middle of the lot, a small disk shoots across the sky and clamps onto the metal machine, disabling it. Slowly, Eszter hops off the crate and walks towards another, watching the scene unfold before her. For a moment, it felt like she and Steve had met eyes, but Eszter doesn't think he had noticed her from afar. Her heartbeat quickened, guilt trumps her thoughts as she instantly regretted joining this mission.

Out of all the requests Ross submitted, this is by far one of them that Eszter would've happily rejected. She made a horrible decision. This doesn't feel right.

Tony and Rhodes descend from the sky and land in front of Steve, retracting their masks as they create a conversation. Their lips moved, but Eszter couldn't decipher what was being said, but the enhanced is sure it's along the lines of 'you're coming with me' kind of speech.

Eszter wouldn't admit it out loud, but she agrees with Steve; she's living proof of what the Accords will do with them. Eszter is being treated like she's some terrorist, waiting for a moment to strike. However, the enhanced is merely a teenager who's trying to get by in school, unaware of the government's true motive.

A few seconds later, a cat-like-suited man jumped out of nowhere and landed on the other side of Steve, trapping him in. His suit was black, and a few accents running along with the material and an enchanting necklace around his neck, like teeth. He represented a panther. Eszter did not know of him, nor does she know who hides behind the mask.

Tony was growing impatient, biting his tongue. "Alright, I've run out of patience," he cuffs his hands around his mouth, shouting loud enough for one of his recruits to hear. "Underoos!"

"I've gotta go," a voice exclaims from behind, catching Eszter's attention as she didn't know who was speaking, but pauses when she notices it was Spider-Man.