34

All These Years ~ Camila Cabello^^

[Chapter thirty-four]

-Nevaeh-

{ Your hair's grown a little longer
Your arms look a little stronger
Your eyes just as I remember (oh)
Your smile's just a little softer }

"Wha-what?" Noah lets go of me, running his hands through his hair. "No. No! You're lying!"

I take this time to look at him. Really look at him.

His hair still looks the same, it's just a bit longer then it was two years ago. His biceps look a bit more muscular so you can tell he's been going to the gym and working out more. His eyes are still the same greenish-blue I knew a couple of years ago. And his smile...well, he still doesn't smile.

"Why would I lie about something like this?" I question rhetorically as he grabs me and hugs me to his chest tightly.

"You can't leave me, Carter." He whispers into my hair, his voice cracking. "You can't leave me."

I bite my lip. "I can't help it, Pebble."

{ And I, yeah, I never prepared for a moment like that
Yeah, in a second it all came back, it all came back }

He chuckles slightly before pulling away. "You're never going to stop calling me that, are you?"

"Nope." I grin. "I remember what you said that day. 'I'm sure as hell not letting you leave this house calling me Pebble'." I mimic in a deep voice. "And guess what?"

He laughs -actually laughs- making me fall for him all over again.

He shakes his head, still chuckling. "You left the house calling me Pebble."

"I left the house calling you Pebble!" I exclaim, still grinning.

He shakes his head again, still chuckling a bit. "You want to go for a walk? Catch up a bit?"

I smile softly. "Yeah."

*~*

{ Cause after all these years
I still feel everything when you are near
And it was just a quick "Hello," and you had to go
And you probably will never know
You're still the one I'm after all these years
(Oh yeah) }

"You tried to get a bagel out of the toaster with a metal fork?" He repeats, his eyebrow raised. "And you wonder why your aunt told you not to do anything stupid."

We walked for about five minutes until we came across the woods behind campus. We walked in and sat on a large rock. Noah said he comes here when he needs to think, but is too lazy to go to the field in next town over.

"It was pretty stupid now that I think about it." I grin sheepishly. "But-"

"But if your bagel ever got stuck in the toaster, you would shove a metal fork in it all over again, even if it means being electrocuted." He cuts me off knowingly, a small smile on his face.

"But if my bagel ever got stuck in the toaster, I would shove a metal fork in it all over again, even if it means being electrocuted." I repeat, chuckling softly.

I look over at him and see his eyes closed with a soft smile resting upon his lips as the sun shines on his face.

Two years. Two damn years and everything I felt for him back then still hasn't gone away. I still love him.

"Stop staring at me." He says without opening his eyes, the smile still on his face.

"If I were cliché, I would say 'I'm admiring you'," I start, grinning cheekily. "But I'm not. You're ugly. I can't help it."