Back To You (Alan The Still Handsome Ex)

You picked up a flute from the trey as the waiter went by. If you were going to enjoy yourself, a little alcohol wouldn't hurt. Cali Premiere parties were never your scene but being the girlfriend of the leading man, one must keep face. These are the only parties that you won't be bothered, because everyone here is some type of celebrity.. And you well.. You've had some pretty good roles but compared to the people here you were an amateur.
"Where's your bow?" A feminine voice said behind you.
You sighed, giving Emma Thompson a small smile."Probably talking with someone. Who knows with him."
"You two seem very happy." You knew she was studying you. If you lied, she'd know.
"Perfectly." It wasn't exactly a lie.
"Hmm. You miss HIM don't you."
You finely looked right at her and frown. Of all people she knew you didn't want to talk about HIM.
"Em, please. Not now. I'm with Grant. And. I'm. Happy. I don't want to talk about my ex. I don't want to think about him either." You downed the rest of the drink and looked around for more. You knew she wasn't finished yet so finding more alcohol is what you needed.
Quick.
"Well...." Her voice went higher and she gave you THAT look. That look of 'please don't hate me'.
"What? Em, what did you do?" You grabbed her shoulder. "Please tell me you didn't invite-"
"She did." The dark velvet voice came from behind. Your chest tightens, feeling as if all the air in your lungs has been sucked out. You turn towards the voice and practically groan at the sight of him. He never seemed to change. Still handsome with that charming smile and intense eyes. His hair grayer since the last time you were face to face. Dressed in a black jacket with a crisp white dress shirt underneath. You'd never not be attracted to him and it made that old feeling start in the pit of your stomach. You quickly pushed thoughs feelings away. Not a good time to start thinking about the past.
"Hello, Y/N." He offered his hand with a knowing smirk.
"It's nice to see you again, Alan." You took his hand firmly. Maybe a little too firmly.. Not that you were nervous or anything.
"You look breathtaking." His dark voice wrapped around you in a familiar hug. Maybe the black number with the low cut wasn't the best choice.
And you look utterly delicious.
"You don't think it's to much? Grant wasn't exactly thrilled." You blushed, looking at his hand that still held yours. Alan's thumb gently ran across your knuckles, causing your heart to beat wildly against your chest.
"Understandable. He doesn't want other men getting any ideas." He smirk, eyebrow raising just a tad in amusement. You gently withdrew your hand from his.
"Well... I'm just going to pop over and get another drink." Emma said, "I'll see you later, Al?" She leaned up and kissed his cheek. You stood there glaring at her wishing she would stop trying to interfere with your love life.
"Of course." Alan smiled at her. Emma turned to you and tapped her cheek. You rolled your eyes and leaned to plant a quick kiss on her cheek.
"Love you," She said in an almost sing song voice.
"Love you too." You teased, sticking your tongue out at her. Which she lovingly stuck hers out back to you as she walked away.
"You two never change." Alan chuckled, making a slight blush stain your cheeks.
"Yes... Well.. She starts it most of the time."
"I remember. But I believe it's more 50/50."
True.
For 2 years before deciding to go to college at the age of 24 to find out what you wanted to do with your life, Alan was your everything. You met him on the set of the first Harry Potter. For your 22nd birthday your parents sent you to London so you could audition. You were an extra with no lines.
Which was good because doing a British or Irish or anything accent infront of people who weren't American would have been bad. You thought your English accent was pretty good but... You didn't want to make a fool out of yourself.
But you wanted badly to be an actress and this was a good start. You accidentally ran into Alan during passing between scenes and found him to be nothing like his character. Alan was so charming and sweet you fell pretty fast and hard.
Though both him and Snape are incredibly sexy.
When you finally started to date everything was great until the filming ended. Alan, being the sweet man he is, wanted to get you a flat and help you pay for it until you got either a job or another gig. And well you agreed... You didn't want to go back to America. So two years and very small parts with characters usually called American girl 1 or 2. You decided to go to college. Because acting obviously wasn't for you. If the option to transfer your highschool college credit over to a UK school, you would have taken it. But there was no way. So back to America it had to be. Plus trying to find parts in movies or TV was getting tiresome and you felt terrible for basically being a financial burden to Alan, you had to leave him. You didn't expect him to give up acting and theater here so he could move to the US with you. He had the next Harry Potter to film and plays he wanted to do. You wanted go make it on your own. Be independent and see where your career would take you.  You both said your goodbyes and you were on the next flight back home.
It hurt like Hell. Leaving him.
After college with a Major in English you still didn't really know what you wanted. The only person whom you were close with still was Emma, who Alan introduced to you when you started dating. You called her every once in a while and she'd tell you about Alan and all the gossip in her life. What she told you he seemed to have moved on. You missed him so much and for 4 years there was a hole left in your heart.
Until you met Grant, a young up and comimg actor, at the after party of his and Emma's new movie. Grant was sweet and attractive but most importantly you were lonely. Of course being on his arm did upgrade your popularity, which didn't matter to you. Being with him took the hole that you had and filled it up. And now here you are doing something you'd thought you'd never get to do... Ever.
"Y/N? ...Y/N?" Alan's voice snapped you out of your trance.
"Sorry. I was just thinking." You lifted the glass to your lips but frowned when nothing came out.
Shit.
"It's fine. Do you want me to get you a drink?" He cocked his head to the side and gave you a sideways smirk. No want you needed was to find Grant! And not chat with your handsome ex!
"No! It's fine! I should probably go find my boyfriend." He gave you a small smile which made little butterflies move around in your stomach. He needed to find Grant so he could take you home.
"Right. He seems like a talented... young man."
"Um yes," you cough, "Yes. He's wonderful. I'll...um see you around." You gave him a wave and turned to maneuver through the crowd.