Chapter 23: More Twin Conflict

       As I was at my locker after school, Vikram walked up to me and said, "I need your help on a mission."

       I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked over at him. "A mission? What are you talking about?"

       "I'm talking about mending our friend group," Vikram said. "The four of us used to hang out all the time until a couple weeks ago. And since the core of the problem is Grant and Hennessy, we need to get them talking again."

       I didn't reply for a bit since I wasn't really sure if I should help get the twins talking again after what Hennessy said to me. She didn't even apologize so clearly, she didn't regret saying it.

       I put my books in my locker before closing it and turning so I could fully face Vikram. "Do you know exactly why they're not talking?" I asked.

       "I wouldn't say exactly but I know some of the details," Vikram said. "Or just a detail. Something about an argument that happened at their house and how Hennessy sided with her mom instead of Grant. Hennessy didn't specify what the argument was about."

       Of course she didn't tell Vikram the whole story. Anyone with a brain would see that it was very vacuous of their mom to kick Grant out just because he was dating the person Hennessy also liked.

       I bet if I was dating Hennessy instead, their mom wouldn't have kicked Hennessy out for dating the person Grant liked.

       "Okay, well, here's the shorten version of the situation," I said. "Hennessy sort of liked me as well and for a reason, their mom tends to favour Hennessy so when they found out Grant and I are dating, their mom told Grant to leave the house. He has been living with me ever since."

       "Really?" Vikram asked. "Wow, I kind of wish Hennessy told me that instead of just saying there was an argument. And I get why Hennessy is mad at Grant but... She shouldn't still be mad at him, especially since they're twins."

       "Shouldn't be?" I asked. "What are you on about?"

       "Uh, exactly what I said," Vikram said. "She shouldn't be mad at Grant for dating you, especially because it's Grant we're talking about."

       "You just made me a lot more confused," I said. "You're right, she shouldn't be mad but what exactly do you mean by it's Grant we're talking about?"

       "Before you moved here, Grant was extremely... isolated," Vikram said. "He did it on purpose. He was a huge jerk to everyone and isolated himself. He didn't want to get close to anyone. Everyone was always saying that he used to be the sweetest person ever so they didn't understand the sudden change of behaviour. Then you showed up and he went back to normal. So if anything, Hennessy should be happy that you're helping Grant be himself again."

       "Well, I wish that were the case but obviously, it's not," I said.

       "In other words, we're going to have to think of some other way that would get Hennessy to talk to Grant again," Vikram said. "That's if you're up to it."

       I sighed. "Believe me, I've thought about it before and I was going to. I even tried talking to Hennessy but she said something a bit harsh about me but I'm not going to get into that. Part of me still wants to help. I can tell Hennessy misses Grant and I know Grant misses Hennessy even if he keeps denying it."

       "So... Is that a yes to trying to fix things between them?" Vikram asked. "It's all up to you. You're the one dating Grant so if you think it won't be best to fix things then I'll drop it."