[30]

After (Y/N) had explained everything to Ayato, he told her to get some rest. He would be back soon.

(Y/N) was a bit reluctant but went to sleep on the only bed. When she woke up in the morning, the sun was just streaming in through the window. She got up and had a bath. Her head was throbbing for some reason.

After her bath, she changed and stepped out of the bathroom. Ayato was still no where to be seen. He was probably still out. She didn't want to go back to Anteiku right now, fear of Genna being there. She didn't want to see Genna again.

She sighed and decided to clean Ayato's small apartment in the meantime. The apartment was small and cute. There were no rooms but it was a large space. His bed was at the opposite side of the large window that overlooked the whole city. He had a shelf with tons of books.

After she cleaned up neatly, she sat by the window sill and looked out. The view was spectacular.

Her stomach rumbled and realized she hadn't eaten breakfast. She stared at the fridge. Her stomach twisting and turning into knots. What were the chances that she'd find grotesque corpes in jars in there? She bit her bottom lip. Hunger controlled her movement as she walked towards the fridge.

She panicked as she reached for it. Would her view of Ayato changed with what she was to find in there? Immediately as the thought hit her, she became ashamed of herself. He was a ghoul. She was aware of that and she even loved him for that. Of course nothing would change with what she saw.

She inhaled as beads of cold perspiration coated her forhead. She chewed on her bottom lip nervously. Her stomach rumbled again. She breathed in and out before working up the courage.

(Y/N) shut her eyes and grabbed the fridge door and swung it open. A cool blast of air that was contained within the fridge rushed at her. She slowly peaked and almost passed out at what she saw.

The fridge was stocked with food . . . Human food. There were greens, vegetables, a tub of ice cream, cheese, jam, bread, mayonnaise, egg, milk, and tones of other food. Her jaw was ajar.

No corpses. No human meat. Not even a jar of blood.

She blinked, stunned. He had human food, but he was a ghoul. This only meant one thing. He bought all this for her. (Y/N) couldn't help but smile as heat rose to her cheeks and her heart fluttered. He cared.

She chuckled like a silly schoolgirl and ran her slim fingers through the cartons of milk. She couldn't imagine it. Ayato Kirishima in a convenience store, comparing different products and actually having the patience to wait in line. She chuckled again and shook her head.

After making herself a sandwich, she ate. Once she had satisfied her hunger, she grabbed a book from the shelf. She'd seen Kaneki read this a few times and he read the same book eith Hinami . Her smile faltered at the thought of Kaneki. This world was cruel. To take someone so sweet, kind and compassionate and destroy him.

She sighed and placed the book back into the shelf, picking something else. As she read the book, sitting by the window sill, her thoughts kept wandering.

She wasn't sure what to make of the return of her sister. Genna did't even explain to her why (Y/N) didn't even know that she existed until now, or where she was for the last sixteen years of her life.

"Enjoying the view?"

(Y/N) turned to the voice and saw Ayato closing the door behind him. He wore his usual black coat and black jeans.. She smiled and nodded.

"Is that the reason why you got this place?"

He nodded and went to sit across from her. He let out a small sound that sounded like a chuckle.