Chapter 28 - Pouring Pain

Anika threw her sling on the bed and sat at the edge of the bed, covering her face. She had left quickly while he was answering a call. She was fearful of the outcome of this. He was her world, she had suffered badly when he left her and went so far away. She was suffering now. She  didn't know what turn her life was on. But, it scared her. The pain was more because she still loved him despite everything. But, it was hard to go back to what they had been. Especially after she had seen his interview that evening.

She heard the door click shut and her heart almost stopped momentarily. She looked up to see him angrily walk across the room. He pulled the stool of the dressing table and sat right opposite to her. He leaned forward his elbows on his knees and fingertips of either hand joined. 

She did not look up. She had no courage to. She couldn't fight him. She did not want to. Silence filled both- space and time. With a sigh of finality, he went on his knees before her and held her hand gazing up at her. "Anika, " he called softly.

"Please. No." She looked away sitting up straight trying to pull her hands away from his. Tears rolled down her cheeks once again. 

"Damn it, if you don't talk, if you don't see me we can't fix it." His voice was told how frustrated he was.

"I need to change." She put up a quick excuse. 

"Fine." He pulled away from her giving her room. 

Anika quickly took her clothes and disappeared from the room. He covered his face with his palms in exasperation. He was tensed. He never thought a day like this would ever come in their lives. 

Anika's dam broke. She switched on the shower and cried. She felt miserable. She was used to feeling that way. This wasn't new to her, she had cried so many nights missing his warmth and his presence. She took longer in the shower. She wasn't ready for what was to come. She'd perhaps never be ready for it. She had a gut feeling it would land them up in still worse a situation. But they were already suffering what could be worse than this?

She stepped out dressed in black Patiala and a simple grey kurti. She looked around. He didn't seem to be there. Sighing she went down Radha smiled at her. She didn't have the heart or energy to return that. "Dinner is ready." The woman said. Shivaay had texted her a while ago asking her to prepare something for dinner as there was a change in plan. Anika saw him sitting at the dinning table. His expression got her anxious. It said he was pissed and he meant business. The worse part was, it was for her. She had seen that so many times. He was easily angered but never at her. She silently sat beside him. The older woman also joined them. In silence the trio ate the woman had quickly sensed the tension between the couple.

Anika walked away immediately after completing her dinner. Shivaay sat chewing thoughtfully. He had to keep his calm.  As a matter of fact, he knew his anger was bad. Biting his tongue he tried to control his frustration. This had to end. He got up wishing the woman a good night. 

He entered the room to find her sitting on the bed watching Tom and Jerry.  He shut the door and then switched off the TV. 

"I was watching."

"We need to talk."