7 - Salt

✧Previously on Chapter Six✧

Intro - New Character (:

It was finally dawn by the time everyone inside the main cabin was asleep, well, besides Liam. He was with Harry, Louis, and the triplets in the living room trying to come up with the best strategy in order to take down Malum. They were still learning more information about her everyday and researching different ways to weaken her when it came to her death, but ultimately, nothing really could prepare any of these wolves for what Malum was preparing for them.

After a couple more hours of getting nowhere, Liam finally tossed his book on the coffee table and slumped against the couch cushion. "We can't rely on the salt barrier forever. We need to find another way to weaken her so we aren't stuck in this cabin for forever."

Louis sighed, setting his book down as well and looking over at his Beta. "What do you propose then?"

Liam couldn't even answer, just lazily shrugging his shoulders in response before tilting his head back on top of the cushion.

Louis shook his head and reached for his book again, hoping the more he continued to read the pages, the closer he would get to finding some sort of answer. Harry was sat next to him doing the same thing as well, green eyes scurrying across the page to find something - anything, that could be a lead to their problems. Out of the fifty books they had looked through that night, everything was nearly a bust. But then Rhea was standing up from the ground, setting the book she was reading on the ground and moving to stand in front of Louis, Liam and Harry.

"What if instead of the salt barrier around the cabin, we make it around the entire woods?"

Liam lifted his head back up, raising his eyebrow. "What for?"

"Well, wolves need to hunt, and they need to leave this cabin at some point. You were right about that, but at the same time, we also have no idea where she plans to mark the next two X's. I'd assume she's looking somewhere within the woods to mark since that's where all supernatural creatures are currently living."

"Also, mind you, we're the last of the original pack still alive," Braelynn added from her spot next to the fireplace, glancing up at Rhea for approval. "Any Crescent Moon member could channel enough energy for Malum to harness."

Then it was Aidan's turn to step in, walking up next to Rhea and casually tossing his arm over her shoulders. "The witch is trying to reverse the spell so she would want to do the spell where the most energy can be harnessed from. Which happens to be right where our pack is - right in the center of the woods."

Louis quickly glanced over at Liam to see what he made out of what the triplets said, but he looked equally as shocked as Louis had felt. Sometimes it was still so shocking to realize just how much Rhea, Braelynn, and Aidan had grown within the past month. The three of them were already so smart and so educated on just about everything in the supernatural world that it sometimes frightened Louis just how powerful his children were truly becoming. It was their idea to hold this meeting that night, and it was their idea to come up with the grand master plan in taking Malum down. The last time Louis had looked at their tracker it said their inner wolf was fourteen, but within the past few days of them devising their plans, Louis could start to see their wolf maturing more quickly.

They definitely looked older than fourteen now, and the way they spoke about strategies for this upcoming fight made Louis think that they were already at their full wolf potential. He could see their protectiveness starting to peak even more. They're constantly on the look out for any danger, and they always make sure everyone is safe, especially Harry, their omega father. It made Louis feel proud knowing his children were falling into the role of an alpha so easily, but at the same time, he could feel for Harry how difficult it was to let go of the four year olds they were supposed to be.