The Chase Begins

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

❇ ✧ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ♡ ⋆ ✧ ❇

Carlisle looks away from the blonde and up at the three nomads with a tight smile.

"Sure, why not. A few of us were leaving you can take their place. We bat first." Carlisle throws the ball in Laurent's direction only to have Victoria catch it before he can with a grin on her face.

"I'm the one with a wicked curveball." Emmet and Jasper look at each other with matching teasing smiles on their faces.

"Oh well, I think we can handle that." Laurent oohs at Jasper's comment as the rest laughs starting to walk away leaving Edward Bella and Natalia having a stare-off with James. James watched with emotionless eyes as the brunette griped onto Edward. James' eyes focus on Edward as he tilts his head slightly to the side with a taunting look.

James turns around and just when they thought the situation was finally under control a gust of wind appeared flowing through Bella's hair causing James to smell her sickening sweet smell. James turns his head around as he inhales deeply savoring the smell. He smiles at them cunningly.

"You brought a snack." As he was about to move closer Edward pushed Bella back with him and Natalia standing on each of the human girl's sides hissing. The rest of the Cullens appear forming a wall between Bella and the three nomads who are also in fighting stances.

Laurent looks in Bella's direction surprised and shocked"A human?"

"The girl is with us, I think it will be best if you leave." James and Edward continue to have a stare off with each of them hissing ever so often. Neither of them was ready to back off.

"I see the game is over. We'll go now." Laurent moves slowly away while James stays in his stance not wanting to back off. His predator side was stronger than normal making him the more dangerous.

"James." James and Victoria stand up straight with him putting an arm around Victoria before leaving. James looks back at the Cullen's while walking away.

The Cullen's straighten and Carlisle turns to Edward.

"Get Bella out of here. Go." Edward quickly turns around and grabs Bella's arm pulling her in the direction of the car. Natalia's eyes quickly travel to the scared brunette. She felt bad for her, she could only imagine what the girl was feeling right now. Natalia turns her head to Carlisle as she hears the engines of the vehicle leaving the field.

"What now? You saw his face. Just because he left it doesn't mean he's going to back down without a fight." Carlisle nods sighing.

"I know, that's why we are going to fight." Carlisle turns around leaving with the rest of the Cullen's except Rosalie and Natalia. Natalia sighs looking in the direction of the forest the nomads left in. She knows this means a lot for Edward and she knows she will always be there for him, even if it means fighting for a girl she barely knows. She knows the pain of having her heart ripped out of her chest and she knows she won't let any of her family members go through it.

Natalia turns around to look at Rosalie who seems to be against this whole situation as well.

"You don't seem too keen about helping Bella do you." Rosalie looks at her sister with a stone look. Who can blame her though, the girl lost so much she wasn't going to let some girl she didn't even like take away the last thing she had.

Her family.

She knew this was dangerous and she wasn't sure if she was okay with risking the love of her life for her.

"Do you blame me?" Natalia looks over Rosalie's face and smiles lightly.

"No, no I don't. But we have to try...For Edward."

♡♡♡♡♡

Rosalie and Natalia arrived at the house only minutes before Edward did. They enter the garage and start packing the needed things.

"I had to fight our kind before. They're not easy to kill." Emmet looked at Jasper with determination.

"But not impossible."

"We'll tear them apart and burn their pieces."  Natalia stood beside Rosalie watching everything unfold with worried eyes.

"I never thought we would have to kill another creature... Even one as sadistic as James.." Rosalie looks down at Natalia when she speaks before looking at Carlisle while sitting on the desk.

"What if he kills one of us first?" Edward looks down at Bella before looking up at Carlisle ignoring Rosalie's comment.

"I'm going to run Bella South. That will lure the tracker away from here." Carlisle stops in his tracks and looks back at his son with a firm look.

"No, Edward. James knows you would never leave Bella he'll follow you." Alice walks up to the two.

"I'll go with Bella. Jasper, Natalia and I will drive her South." Edward looks at his sister with a distressed look. He was already worried about Bella. Leaving her wasn't something he was too keen about. Natalia walks away from Rosalie and stands beside Alice.

"Don't worry we'll keep her safe." Edward looks down at Natalia before looking at Alice.

"Can you at least keep your thoughts to yourself?" Alice nods.

"Yes." Natalia looks over at the human girl and smiles lightly grabbing her gently by the arm and taking her to the car with Alice following after. Natalia brings Bella to the car and smiles as Alice starts to put in all the necessities.

"Don't worry Bella. You'll be safe." Bella looks up at the blonde vampire with guilt in her eyes worried for the rest of the family. Edward takes out Bella's coats and gives them to Rosalie and Esme.

"Rosalie, Esme could you put these on so the tracker will pick on her smell." Rosalie looks down at the coat and jumps off the counter looking at Edward.

"Why? What is she to me?" Natalia turns around from Bella to look at Rosalie. She knew her sister didn't like the human girl at all. Natalia personally didn't really mind her. They weren't friends but she knew Edward loved Bella and that itself was enough for her.

"Rosalie. Bella is with Edward and she is part of this family now. And we protect our family." Rolling her eyes at Carlisle's comment Rosalie's eyes travel to Natalia's to see the shorter girl looking at her pleadingly. Rosalie looks back at Edward and grabs the coat from Carlisle before walking out with Emmet following after. Natalia lets out a breath and smiles and Bella before getting in the car.

Edward walks over to a distressed Bella "Oh god... If anything.... happens... I swear to god.."

"Nothing is going to happen. There's eight of us and two of them. When all of this is done I'll come back and get you. Bella, you are my life now." Edward caresses the girl's face before the two cars take off and leave the garage.