Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds

===============================

    " Everyone smiles as you drift past the flowers
that grow so incredibly high! "

===============================

     I straightened up my hair in the mirror as John reclined on our bed behind me. We were staying at a pretty decent hotel in Manhattan until our tour officially was to take off.

     "Yer goin' out wi' that Linda lady tonight, Macca?" John asked with sadness in his voice.

     "I am. But only for tea, then I'll be right back." I smiled walking over to the boy.

     "I'll miss ye, ye know." John sighed. "Why can't ye jus stay here wi' me?"

     "Likewise." I kissed his forehead and stroked his hair. "And I'll be back before ye know it. Jus take a nap or something."

     "Well, when will ye be back?" John asked, tilting his head.

     I checked my wristwatch, "Abou' an hour or two?"

     "That's so lonnggg." John whined. "How will I ever survive?"

     "I'll make it up to ye the minute I get back, okay?" I bent down to his eye level as he was still sprawled out on the bed. "Swear it."

     "How do ye plan to do that, McCartney?" He asked flirtatiously.

     "Guess you'll have to wait n' find out, 'cause I'm gonna be late!" I hugged John, "I love you."

     "I love ye too, Macca." He hugged even tighter than I could. He pecked my cheek and ruffled my hair.

     I bolted out the door and rushed outside to the nearest corner to heil a cab.

     Finally, I stepped out of the yellow cab near the café and met up with Linda right outside.

     She smiled and trotted over. "Paul, I'm so glad you could make it!"

     "Me too, sorry if I made ye quite wait a while." I sighed.

     "I wasn't waiting all too long! Dont worry about it one bit." She scoffed, "Let's get inside though, it's real noisy out here."

     We walked inside and immediately my nostrils were caressed by the scent of roasted coffee beans and caramel. We walked up to the counter and ordered our drinks.

     "Well, have a seat!" She pulled out her chair before sitting down and folding her legs.

     I sat across from her, and folded my hands together, "So, what brought you to the States?" I asked.

     She sighed, "My family and I go on vacation every Summer here to visit family, nothing special. Now, I already know why you're here." She laughed.

     "Paul and Linda!" A barista called out. I collected our drinks and brought them back to our table.

     "Well - it's a bit weird being here in America, actually... It's my first time and everyone seems to know my name." I said as I sipped my drink.

     "Hm... What's it like being an A-List celebrity, then?" She asked, resting her head on her arm.

     "Let's not get carried away, now, we'll be lucky if we last three months." I chuckled.

     "Don't sell yourself short, love." She patted my arm. "You're a talented man."

     Love? Oh, hell, John would be fuming right now if he heard her say such a thing.