Chapter 26

Yujin sat still on the sofa, a cup of tea swaddled between her hands as she stared down at the floor. Jungkook's jacket was still draped around her shoulders, his musk wafting up to greet her senses. She was tired.

Yoongi was beside her, his shoulder currently supporting the weight of Yujin's head. His fists were clenched in his lap, jaw set, as his thoughts returned back to when he'd found his sister's shaking form barely keeping it together in Jungkook's embrace. Yoongi's eyes searched Jungkook's across the room.

Jungkook met Yoongi's gaze with vehemence. He leaned on the wall, elbow resting on his hand as a finger hovered over his lips in assessment. Seeing the woman he harbored ardent feelings for in such a frail state pained him; he felt useless.

Yujin sat up and rubbed at her nose. She took a glance at Jungkook across the room, then one at Yoongi, before settling further into the couch. "You guys can go back to the party now. I'll be okay."

"You're funny if you think we're leaving you at a time like this." My brother remarked from beside me, tone soft but eyes hard and intense.

Yujin fiddled with the tea bag. "I don't want to hold you guys back. Please, I'm fine."

"Work is the least of my concerns right now. There'll be other events." Yujin sighed, but relented nonetheless. Yoongi continued, "You're going to come live with me and the guys for the time being."

Her eyes widened. "I can't."

This time it was Jungkook who responded. "You can and you will. You have no other options."

Yujin didn't have the energy to argue with both of them. Plus, they had a point. She nodded in acceptance.

Yoongi gave Yujin a final once-over before letting out a breath and standing. At Yujin's confused expression, he explained, "I'm going to go let someone know we're leaving. Do you have all your things?" She nodded. "Okay, I'll be right back."

As Yoongi exited the room, he stopped by where Jungkook remained against the wall. His arm went to Jungkook's shoulder as he meaningfully spoke, "Thank you for being there for her." The emotions swirling in the older man's eyes conveyed more to Jungkook than his words.

"Of course, hyung. If she needs me, I'll be there."

Yoongi's lips slightly tipped into a smile as he squeezed the younger guy's shoulder. With one final glance at his younger sister, he exited the room, leaving the two alone.

~*~

Yujin's POV

I placed the now-empty mug on the table as I stood from the couch. I walked over to Jungkook who'd remained silent as I drank, waiting for me to gather myself, I supposed. I shifted his suit jacket firmer around my shoulders as I crossed the room.

Jungkook's eyes followed my every movement until I settled in front of him. He pushed himself off the wall, warm hand cupping the side of my cheek, his coffee eyes analyzing every inch of my face before boring into my own bloodshot ones.

In a gentle tone, he asked, "How are you feeling?"

I placed my palm over his on my cheek, interlacing our fingers as I responded, "I'm better now. Thank you for helping me." I peeled his hand away and placed a soft kiss across his knuckles. "How did you know to find me?"

Jungkook's expression softened considerably, eyes glazed over, at my actions. His hand grasped mine strongly as he responded, "I wanted to see how my girl was liking my performance, so while we were up there I searched the crowd for you. I couldn't find you until you ran for the entrance." Jungkook adjusted his jacket around me, a hint of a smile playing on his lips. "I came after you as soon as the music cut."