First Step

CHAPTER TEN: FIRST STEP

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"Pain is only temporary, but victory is forever."

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦

"Daisuke stop."

"But you look so cute! You're in shorts and you're wearing the sweater I gave you and -"

"Daisuke."

"- Your hair is in that cute little pony tail -"

"Stop."

"Saaa, Kuroo-kun! Kozume-kun! Doesn't Rin look -"

"Shut. Up."

Daisuke groaned, throwing his arm around Rin's shoulders, shaking her back and forth, "So~ cranky."

Rin growled at her brother, only causing him and Kuroo to chuckle at her lack of verbal response. She narrowed her eyes at the two, her shoulders slumping as her lips twitched into a pout.

She woke up completely unhappy that Daisuke had practically drugged her. She was even more pissy when she found out that Daisuke was completely serious about telling Kuroo. She felt utterly embarrassed that her brother had showed him the games and that Kuroo had watched her at her worst. Daisuke had then added to her discomfort by telling her that they were going to go play Volleyball with said boy that day. Needless to say, she was fuming the entire morning.

Rin wasn't sure what Kuroo would say about the video, she wasn't sure how he would react with her now that he's seen the video and the scar. She just didn't know. And the more she thought of how he would react the more she realized something.

Rin was scared to know how he would react. She was fiercely reminded that his opinion mattered to her. And she didn't know what upset her more, the fact that he knew everything or the fact that she had no idea why she cared so much.

But the moment Kuroo showed up at her door, with Kenma (reluctantly) in tow, he acted as if nothing. Happily greeting her and Daisuke as if he hadn't watched the videos yesterday. Casually calling her "Rin-chan" with that annoying smirk while dragging her out of the house as if he hadn't seen the ugly scar. He acted as if nothing was different, as if he was still blissfully oblivious to Rin's problems. She was too upset to ask him about anything, so she settled with remaining silent.

And, according to Daisuke, cranky.

Daisuke had practically shoved her new clothes in her hands. He had gotten her a few things from America, a cute blue shirt and sweatshirt with a paw print over the heart, as well as a couple pairs of running shorts. So, to please her whining brother, she put on the black crew neck and slipped on some new shorts. He had allowed her to wear the compression socks before they left the house, but told her that she would have to take them off when they got to the gym - so he could apply the athletic tape.

"I don't think I've ever seen your hair up, Rin~chan."

Rin shot Kuroo a glare, her cheeks puffed out and red from embarrassment.

It wasn't like she wanted to wear her hair back. Daisuke had literally forced her to wear it this way when she brushing it earlier that morning. The oversized bear had tugged at Rin's hair and pulled it back for her, saying that he "missed it." So, Rin's hair was pulled into a small pony tale at the nape of her neck - a bunch of loose strands falling around her face. She tried removing the hair tie once, and that resulted in Daisuke pulling her in a loose - but still firm - head lock.