28. Conviction

Chapter 28

A/N- Edited only once, please keep that in mind. It is almost two in the morning but i managed to whip out an update so yay! i hope you enjoy it :)

P.S. there is some italian in this chapter and i do not speak italian, i straight up used google translate so when you come to the italian part at the end, the italics part is what it means.

p.p.s. Check out the banner on the side, i'm not even kidding. Twistingallegories made it for this chapter and you'll understand it when you get to the end of this chapter :)

Enjoy!

~*~

            Coda is ridged for the first few seconds, my mind racing with the mindset that I had just set myself up for rejection.

            Just when I am prepared to pull away and apologize for my rash actions though, Coda wraps his arm around me, pulling me forward until my legs are pulled off the ground, my body crushed against his.

            Kisses.

            When you hear about them in the movies you get the idea about how it’s supposed to go: the whole butterflies in our stomach, the fireworks, the touchy-feely stuff…

            But when Coda Williams kisses you, it’s an entirely different story.

            Electricity-for lack of a better word- shoots through my body at his urgent kiss, one of his hands pressed firmly against the small of my back as my fingers tangle in his hair.

            My mind is buzzing, the feeling of exhilaration consuming all my thoughts as Coda quickly takes over the kiss, his bad arm a slight barrier between us but nonetheless easy to ignore.

            When Coda breaks from the kiss, my eyes closed as I revel in the feeling of his lips against skin, I don’t think either of us expected a clap of thunder to rip through the air.

            I jump so high I nick Coda on the bottom of his jaw, the pain shooting through my thick skull.

            He curses loudly, his hand snapping up to rub at his chin, glaring down at me

            “Is this normally how you react when someone kisses you?” Coda asks me, wincing.

            Heat crawls up my neck as I blush a furious red, completely embarrassed.

            “Shut up,” I mutter, ducking my head. “You know how I feel about thunder storms.

            A streak of lightening flies through the sky and I feel something wet land on my cheek as Coda places his two fingers under my chin to tilt it up.

            His expression is soft, uncharacteristically vulnerable as his eyes roam my face. “Did you mean it? Do you really want me to stay?”

            The lump in my throat reappears and I grip his jacket tightly, his hand moving to cup my face, as I look him in the eye.

            “Yes,” I whisper, sincere.

            He exhales slowly from his nose, his eyes looking conflicted- like he couldn’t decide if I was being serious.

            “Then I’ll stay.”