Chapter 53 : Got To Have Faith

You hurried and ate once Jensen got home. You had finished all the packing, and Jensen loaded the bags into the car.

Soon, and everyone was in the car heading to the hospital. Your friend hadn't messaged you about any details on your mom's condition. You could only think the worst as you stared out the window of the car. You hadn't noticed the tear that trailed down your face until Jensen was reaching for your hand. You gladly took it, and wiped the tear away.

"Hey, its going to be okay. She's a fighter." He said giving you a slight smile.

"I just feel like I haven't been there for her at all these past few years. I mean, I basically packed up and moved 3 hours away to marry the guy I had posters of in my bedroom. I feel like I just left her behind, and now I may not be able to make up that time." You said as more tears fell from your face.

"You will get to, you just have to have faith." He said rubbing the back of your hand with his thumb.

"And I'm glad you moved up here to marry me." He smiled a little.

"I am too." You smiled up at him.

A few hours later and you were pulling up to the hospital. You picked up Ryker from his seat and started towards the door. Jensen was right behind you with Evie. You quickly went to the front desk and asked the nurse sitting there.

"She's in room 164, you can see her, but she's not awake yet." She said pointing in the direction of her room.

You walked quickly to her room and slowly emerged into the room. She laid there, covered in different machines, bruised all over.

"Oh my god." You whispered as you friend jerked her head to look at who had entered the room. You hadn't even noticed she was sitting there.

"Kasey, you made it." She smiled as she ran over to give you a hug.

"What are they saying?" You asked her.

"I cant tell you everything, Ill go get the doctor." She said as she slipped out of the room and you walked closer to her bed.

Just then the doctor walked in.

"Hi, I am Doctor McLain. You are the daughter, right?" He asked.

"Yes." You answered shorty.

"Okay, so we have concluded that she has 3 broken ribs, a hairline fracture in her right arm, and a minor concussion." He said looking at her chart.

"That's great news." Jensen said as he rubbed your shoulder.

You breathed a sigh of relief, and smiled a little knowing that she was okay.