Chapter 54 : Park Day

Your mom was released from the hospital the next day.  You helped her get back home, and settled in comfortably.

It was weird going back to your childhood home, you hadn't seen it since you met Jensen. Your old room was still painted the light shade of pink, and the high school pictures of your friends still placed around the room. Nothing had changed since you left. Jensen enjoyed looking around at your old room and seeing little childhood you. You smiled at his curiosity at everything.

Once everything settled, you decided it was time to head home. Your dad thanked you for helping out and assured you that he could take care of your mom and help her work towards her recovery.

You said your goodbyes, and headed back to Vancouver. In a few hours you were back home and unpacking. You gave the kids a bath and put them to bed before taking a shower yourself. After you finished, you let yourself sink into the couch and take a breath. Jensen came and sat beside you before wrapping an arm around you. You laid against his shoulder and before you knew it, you were asleep.

You woke up to Jensen picking you up from the couch. You tried to get down, but your tired body wasn't strong enough to pull away from his grasp.

"Jensen." You mumbled as he headed up the stairs.

"I'm just taking you to bed." He replied with a smile.

"Thank you." You answered quietly.

He just nodded and went into your bedroom. He slowly helped you change into your pajamas before you both went to bed. You instantly fell back asleep from the exhaustion.

The next morning Jensen was gone, off to film again. Evie was standing up in her crib and holding her arm up when you entered her nursery.

"What's up, baby girl. Did you sleep well?" You asked. She just nodded her head in response.

You placed her in her highchair and placed some Cherrios on her tray. She quietly began eating a few at a time, and you fixed yourself some coffee. Once it was finished, you joined your daughter at the table. Her bed head and sleepy eyes were just too adorable.

Once she finished, you cleaned off her tray and placed her in a quick bath. You then changed her into her day clothes, and did the same to Ryker.

"How do you guys feel about going to the park?" You asked excitedly, trying to figured out something to occupy your day.

"Yeeee!" Evie screamed in approval.

You quickly changed into something suitable and headed out the door.

A few minutes later you arrived at the park. You let Evie pick where you all should go first. She picked the swings, of course. You placed her and her brother in the small kiddy swings. You slowly began swinging Evie, while holding Ryker in place. He still couldn't hold himself up, so you just rocked him every once in a while.

After a few minutes Evie was over the swings, and decided to move to the marry go round. She slowly got on, and sat Indian style in the middle. You turned the marry go round slowly, not wanting to make her sick or dizzy.

"More, Mommy." She said with a smile. You went a little faster and she laughed out. You noticed that it was starting to rain a few minutes later, so you decided to leave. Jensen was home when you pulled into the driveway.

"Daddy home?" Evie asked looking at his truck.

"Looks like." You smiled as you got both of your kids out.

You walked in and the smell of burning hit you in the face. The room was filled with smoke.

"Jensen?!" You screamed as you tried to find where he was.

"Its fine, babe. I was trying to bake some chicken and I forgot it was in there." He called from the kitchen.

You started opening the windows, and soon the smoke was cleared from the house.

"You scared the crap out of me." You chuckled.

"Sorry, you know I'm not a good cook." He joked.

"Its okay." You said as you placed Evie in her play pen and Ryker in his rocker. You turned on Evie's favorite cartoon. You then headed to the kitchen and cooked a nice dinner. You and Jensen ate while watching your kids play with their toys.

"I love you." Jensen said looking over to you with a smile.

"I love you too." You said as you placed a small kiss on his cheek.