1.1.8: Her Grandmother's Condition - EDITED

"Why did she faint? Is there anything I should be worried about?" Xiao Yunhua guy's feeling told her that whatever her grandmother had, it was serious.

And her guess was correct when Qiang Yue's sympathetic face turned serious and solemn. He deeply sighed and murmured, "I can't make assumptions, but from our medical records and her symptoms, there are a few reasons. She'll have to see a specialist before any further notice."

"What kind of specialist?"

"A hematologist; someone who specializes in blood and such." He explained. Xiao Yunhua could feel another headache when he said.

"What do you think she has?"

Qiang Yue eyes filled with even more before he finally admitted, "Her symptoms are very similar to those with leukemia."

When she heard him utter his last word, all returning color quickly drained away from her face. Xiao Yunhua ignored her headache and instead, her heart clenched with an unrecognizable pain. She felt her cheeks turning wet as her red eyes continued to cry for what seemed to be nonstop.

"Hey..." Qiang Yue had seen a lot of patients or patients' relatives crying, but it was the first time he truly felt sympathy for one of them. Sure, he did feel bad and tried to break the news to them gently, but this young girl here looked truly heartbroken and hurt. He hadn't encountered such a person in so long, the last time was when Zhou Yaoyao, the daughter of Zhou Hua, pretended to be heartbroken when he rejected her.

Thinking about the spoiled girl, he couldn't help but internally chuckle. She had wanted to marry him ever since she first saw him, which was a few years ago. He did not see her as anything more than the young miss of the Zhou family that his father served, but to her, she interpreted it much differently. After the last scandal, Zhou Hua had sent away the girl to a school abroad where she would not cause any more trouble.

But according to the time, she would probably be back in a few months. Qiang Yue hoped that she was stabilized and didn't hold onto anymore delusions. Her tears when he rejected her were only her act of getting him to change his mind, meanwhile the girl here, actually was crying.

Since he told her such awful news, he assumed that she wasn't pretending like Zhou Yaoyao.

Qiang Yue was snapped out of his thoughts when he saw that she was bawling at this point. She felt murmuring words that sounded like everything was falling apart and she no longer had anything left. Her eyes were dull yet tears continued to pour down her face.

Qiang Yue could only use one hand to pat her head in a comforting way. When they tried to find out who she was, her file indicated that she had no other family other than her grandmother. She was even brought from a rural area to the city as an orphan; both her parents dead, leaving a frail, old woman to take care of her.

When Xiao Yunhua felt his hand on her head, she froze. Her dull eyes turned to the handsome doctor in confusion, but she didn't say anything. Her silence indicated that she didn't care nor have the energy to tell him to stop. Even though she didn't like others touching her, the doctor's hand was gentle and she didn't mind that much.

"Don't worry, it's just my assumption. Your grandmother will be fine." He hesitantly said. Even though he said such words, she was positive that he wouldn't have made such an assumption if the symptoms were not serious. But throughout all these years, her grandmother was fine and didn't show a single sign of discomfort.

But had Han Mi been silently suffering?

Had she, Xiao Yunhua, been too absorbed in her route of becoming so-called perfection? Becoming a goddess? Suddenly, a memory played in her head automatically. The memory was about the first year that her grandmother adopted her.