Prove it to You

The whole ride home, Camila's hand was wandering. It began holding mine, then slowly worked its way up my arm, down my side, and onto my thigh. It now rests dangerously close to my center, and her thumb absentmindedly draws circles there from time to time. She keeps me constantly on the edge.

"Will you please focus on driving?" I comment under my breath when her hand inches even further upwards, fingernails lightly grazing the fabric of my pants.

"Hmm?" She hums, "I am focused."

With a small scoff and a smile, I turn to face her and look her up and down challengingly. She glances from the road to me momentarily before looking back as she eases the car around the corner.

"Okay." I nod, contriving a plan in my mind and pausing before adding, "So... I never found out. What's my grade like, Ms. Cabello?"

At the mention of school and the use of her last name, she removes her hand from my thigh and returns it to the leather steering wheel of her bright red jeep.

"Good. I'm proud of you." She mutters, coming to a stop at a stop sign before turning the corner.

I nod once more, taking my shoes off and crossing my legs on the seat. Her eyes fall to me yet again, though I pretend not to notice.

"Where are we going?" I question with a yawn, well aware that we're not going back to my house, at least. Still, the arcade was a surprise; we may not be going back to her house.

"I, uh..." she pauses as she turns a shade of red, though it seems out of embarrassment more than anything else, "I thought I'd take you back to my place, if that's okay with you."

"Can't say no to a teacher." I tease, though almost flinch when she stops at a stop sign and turns to face me, eyes narrowed like a snake about to strike.

"Stop it." She snarls, turning back to the road.

"What?"

"Just... stop it." Her time turns from a loud hiss to a quieter one as she closes her eyes and lays her head against the seat behind her. "Stop calling me that. I'm not your teacher right now. I'm your girlfriend, okay? And you're mine."

"Okay," I mutter, turning back to the road silently.

When she starts driving again, her hand doesn't return to me, nor does her gaze. Instead, a tense silence hangs within the car. The heavy air seems to suffocate me, forcing its way into my lungs and lodging itself there.

Soon, we're pulling up outside her house, my eyes glued to the bright red door yet painfully aware of the daggers she shoots into the side of my head.

"You know what?" She asks after a while, finally turning the engine off, "I'll prove it to you."

-
Okay... the next chapter will be what I had planned for this one.