Chapter Thirteen

"He walked into my heart like he always belonged there, took down my walls and lit my soul on fire". 

~T.M.

Hunter

"So, pick whichever one you prefer," Alex told Aurora, extending his arm towards the aisle with all the hair dye. I watched as her eyes went wide and she started examining every color before her.

"You realize it will take her an hour to pick out what she likes, right?" I said, pushing my hands in my back pockets and giving him a hopeless look.

"Oh, so it will take her half the time it takes you to pick the right oil paints," he teased me with a laugh. I faked being angry, but seeing him smiling so gloriously, I couldn't help myself. I laughed back and pulled him closer for a quick kiss.

"Can you blame me, though? Each color is so unique," I replied. Alex just shook his head and he rolled his eyes. We weren't about to have the same argument again.

"This! This is what I want!" we heard Auro exclaim and went to see the color she was looking at. It was a beautiful mix of purple and pink, the color that grazed the clouds right after the sunset. "But," she added and waved Alex to lower down to her, "I also want your green".

"My green?" he asked with a frown. She nodded and played with one of his dark green locks. He had redone it last night, resulting in a very dark green now.

"I want one pink and one green side," she said with a confidence she was too young to have. Alex turned his neck so he could see me.

"Dad agreed on a strand of whichever color you wanted. Not all the hair," I told her.

"Fine, one pink strand and one green strand," she shot back. I kept staring at her and finally, I shrugged.

"He won't mind another strand," I said and watched as Alex rose and put the color into the basket he was holding. Then, we walked to the other end of the aisle from where he picked the green color.

Soon enough we were home trying to decide where to put the color. Alex ad picked two strands that were on the inside of her hair, one next to her right temple and one next to her left. On the right side, she wanted the purplish color, while one the left side she wanted the green one. Both Auro and I stood by and watched as Alex mixed the colors, cut some aluminum foil and put on gloves.

"Babe, do me a favor and hold this here," he told me, almost making me jump. This was the first time he had called me babe.

After unfreezing I held a piece of the aluminum underneath half of the strand we had picked on the right side. I watched as he placed the color on the hair with a plastic brush, and then folded the foil.

Neither I nor Aurora, said anything for the next minutes, as we waited for Alex to do his thing. And I had to say, it was a sight to see. He was completely focused, even running the tip of his tongue over his lips, as he colored. Around twenty minutes later he huffed.

"It will take twenty minutes until it's done," he said and went to the bathroom to clean up the brush and cups he had used. A few moments later he returned.

"So, you do your own hair now?" I asked him reaching over the kitchen counter and grabbing a handful of skittles from the bowl we had filled up.

"Yeah, I buy the color, and redo them when my parents aren't at home," he replied.

"When they aren't home?" Aurora repeated. Shit.

"Um... yeah, they don't really want me to color my hair," Alex told her and I mentally groaned at him.