35-Is This What You Wanted

Tony let me hold onto him as we walked into the fireproof room that he had built for me in the new base. I was still having trouble walking, but I was too stubborn to use a wheelchair or a cane. It had been a few weeks since the events with Ultron and I had been going to physical therapy, but that therapy hasn't helped everything.

"You sure you want to do this?" Tony asks as he leads me to the center of the room, where there was a bar for me to hold onto. I nod, holding onto the bar. I don't tell Tony that this need came to me after I was rolling through the halls of the base and overheard Natasha talking to Clint and his family about the new baby. It was a boy named Nathaniel. The emptiness settled in my abdomen once again and I pressed a hand to it. The pain stings as I press it harder.

"Yeah. I need to get out some aggression." I tell him and he nods. Tony kisses my forehead and leaves the room, shutting the door. It took a few minutes for him to reach the room overlooking the room I was in. He gave me a thumbs up once he was ready. I sigh and shut my eyes. It doesn't take long for all that anger to come up. The anger towards Clint, towards Ultron, to everyone. It comes out and explodes in a fiery mess. Fire shoots out of my body and towards the walls and roof. My mouth opens and flames shoot out. The room becomes a fiery hell. I let go of the bar and scream.

-

I force myself to walk as perfectly as I can out of the car. I thank Happy for driving me to Matt's and I carefully walk into his building. I take the elevator, knowing damn well I can't walk up the stairs. I hit the button for Matt's level before I lean against the wall of the elevator, taking off the Stark Industries hat I had worn. The elevator dinged as the doors slid open. I grunted as I stood up and walked out of the elevator. I put my hand on my abdomen and continue to walk down the hall. The door is already open for me when I reach it.

"I heard you coming so I thought I might as well greet you." Matt says as he loosens up his tie. I smile at him, standing there like an idiot. I haven't seen him seen he had visited me in the hospital. I was honestly was surprised that he had called me during his lunch hour and invited me to come over after work. I didn't know if I should hug him. An uneasy awkwardness floated in the air between us. He opened the door a little wider and I stepped inside, taking off my shoes and setting my hat aside.

"I'm sorry I haven't asked you to hangout sooner. We've been busy." Matt lies effortlessly. I knew that because Foggy had told me that they haven't been doing much at the office. Daredevil had been out every night though. I don't hold the lie against Matt. I don't even want to be around me right now.

"It's alright." I respond as he shuts the door, locking it. I follow him as he walks further into the room. He picks up a bottle of beer as we walk further into the apartment. My stitched up wound was burning under all of the bandages. It was an ugly looking thing. Natasha thought her scar on her lower stomach was unattractive, but it paled in comparison to the one on my stomach. Cho and the other doctors had tried their best to fix it, to minimize the damage, but it was still large.

"Have you been doing okay?" Matt asks, breaking the heavy silence between us as he sinks into the couch. The light from the billboard outside casts a blue light over both of us.

"Yeah. I have to go to physical therapy a few times a week. I don't have a job so I don't mind." I respond. I don't mention that Tony wants me to start going to regular therapy again. I rather not bring this conversation down swiftly into a black hole. Matt nods, taking a swig of his beer. His tie hangs loosely around his neck and his red glasses are still on. Before Ultron, he'd already be in sweats when I came over. Matt would have on fluffy socks and his glasses would be off. Not anymore, I suppose. I don't sit down. I stay standing, even though my legs beg for a break.