Chapter 13

A week had passed since the auction. During this week I spent my time working at my resort and clinic. I already set up a pharmacy. Now I got an offer from the Royal hospital, they want me to ship Etrian medicine to them and they do offer a lot of money for shipping. Which sets up a new source to earn money.

Soon the renovation of my resort will be over and I can open my resort again. Which again, I will have another source to earn money.

This week is filled with work, but when I decided to rest from work, I would read the Queen's diary and I was fascinated by her life.

The first page of the diary is about why she is creating a new diary.

Dear diary,

I've created a new diary because I'm going to the mysterious country Ravendale, in here I will write about my adventures.

My parents didn't want me to go to Ravendale, but I wanted to. I already got my work visa in Ravendale, which surprisingly isn't as hard to get as I thought so.

No, I needed to go. I couldn't stay in Etria anymore.

It all started when my boyfriend cheated with my sister. I knew my sister wanted my boyfriend, she was jealous of me, I warned my boyfriend about her, but he still betrayed my trust.

He is mad at me because I didn't fight for him.

Well, I'm not his babysitter, I have done my job here and warned him about her, but he didn't listen to me.

I don't know why I chose Ravendale as my destination, maybe because I craved some adventure?

One thing I know I wanted to get away from this drama.

-Agatha

That is how her adventure started in Ravendale. I've read her whole diary, and her story is fascinating. I've memorized her whole diary.

Right now it's morning, meaning I had to go downstairs for breakfast. I stopped rereading the diary and got up from the bed to dress up.

I wish I could have breakfast in my room, but that would be barely possible. One time when I decided to eat dinner in my room. I had told Elaine to bring dinner to my room. A few minutes later Alexander came to my room asking If I'm sick. When I told him I'm not sick, he then asked if they did something wrong. When I told him that I decided to eat here, because it will be convenient for me to work and eat at the same time, he told me I shouldn't overwork myself and he convinced me to go eat dinner with them downstairs.

That was the last time I decided to eat in my room.

I'm confused about why they care about me?

Is it because it's their duty as a husband to care for me?

Or

They must be forced to care for me?

I would understand if they are forced to care for me by my in-laws, but the Amethyst family is the richest in Ravendale. Why would they want to associate with the barely known Blue Topaz family? This doesn't make any sense to me.

After I was dressed I went downstairs as always Nathaniel greeted me and helped me sit on the chair, then Alexander would greet me then he would turn his head to read a newspaper.

Elizabeth would come a little later during breakfast, perhaps she doesn't like being woken up in the morning.

"Have you enjoyed reading the Queen's diary?" Nathaniel asked me. He would always start the conversation during meals since I'm not the person to start a conversation. I would always like to eat in silence, but I still prefer talking over having awkward silence moments.

"Yes, I enjoyed reading it, I already finished reading her diary," I told them truthfully. Nathaniel nodded at my answer and he smiled.

"We are glad that you enjoyed reading," Nathaniel said. His voice made my heart beat faster, but I knew I shouldn't blush. There is no point to do that in Ravendale.

Then breakfast was served and we started eating. Soon Elizabeth came and said good morning to us and we greeted her back. Alexander would talk to Elizabeth.

Living here made me realize more about my husband's responsibility.

Since Nathaniel is more charismatic he is always the one who talks to me, while Alexander would talk to me if I ask something directly, he knows more about the topic than his brother or if Nathaniel is not in the room with us.

I bet that Alexander is more responsible with the family's business and Nathaniel has to deal with me. Since most of the time I spend in my room working or reading books, Nathaniel has more free time and he would use that time to help his brother.

"We've been invited to the bathhouse to attend a friend's gathering," Nathaniel informed me.

Bathhouse? In other words, the bathhouse was a spa. I was not in the mood to go anywhere so I decided to decline.

"You both can go there if you want to, but today I have work to do," I told them. Something tells me that I won't be able to brush the offer off with excuses.

"You should relax from work, the bathhouse offers massages, sauna, mud baths, and many more." Nathaniel trying to convince me. My resort also offers that kind of procedure.

"My resort also offers that procedure, furthermore I don't have any bathing suit," I argued back.

"This bathhouse also sells bathing suits," Alexander told me.

Damn it, I guess I'm going to the bathhouse.