Chapter 3

Apparently my dad was not very impressed that I left the office before lunch so I could go shopping for a new outfit to wear tonight.

How can I tell?

Well, he's yelling at me right now.

"I don't understand what is wrong with you!" he screams so loud I have to hold the phone away from my ear. "We are in the middle of a huge crisis and you decide to go gallivanting in Beverly Hills. Honestly Jisoo, you should know better than that."

"But dad," I whine.

"No buts." He cuts in. "Get yourself back to the office this instant young lady." And with that he hangs up on me.

Ugh, my father is so overly dramatic. Must be where Bobby gets it from.

He is my dad though and my boss, so I guess I kind of have to do what he says.

I leave the store without trying on anything else, even though I don't want to, and hightail it back to work.

When I stroll into the office about twenty minutes later nobody is running around and everything seems eerily calm.

"I thought there was a crisis." I mutter under my breath as I open the door to my own office.

"There was but we solved it without you." Rosé announces from behind, effectively scaring the living daylights out of me.

"What the..." Oh I know what she's trying to do, that little minx. "Heck." I finish as I whip around to gloat at her. "Thought you could get me to swear huh? Well sucks to be you because there's no way I'm going to give one dollar to that stupid jar idea of yours."

Rosé rolls her eyes as she follows me inside. "You are so overly dramatic Jisoo."

Hmmm, where have I heard that before?

"No I'm not." I reply defensively. "Besides, I have the right to be upset. My dad called me right in the middle of an errand I was running in order for me to come back here and when I arrive I find out that supposed crisis he was ranting about is over."

Rosé flops down on my couch, "What nerve he has. I mean it's not like you have an actual job to do or anything."

"Like you even know what you're talking about." I say because well, she's right and I hate it when I'm not. "So, spill, what was the big emergency?"

"Someone is in big trouble." Bobby announces as he sprints into my office, uninvited. He sits down next to Rosé and he's grinning so widely I'm a little worried he might hurt himself. "Dad is super pi..." Bobby hesitates for a few seconds. "Super ticked off."

I lean against the edge of my desk and try to look cool even though a part of me is worried that I may have really upset him. "Whatever, it's not the worst thing I've ever done."

"True." Bobby concurs. "But the vein in his forehead that throbs when he's super mad is throbbing like a son of a..." He hesitates again. "Gun. Whew, that was a close call."

"Nice job Bobby." Rosé says. My god, they are so gay!

"It wasn't my fault." I say in my defense. "I had something important to do."

Rosé raises her brow, "Really, like what?"

Damn it! I just knew she was going to ask me that. "None of your business."

"I know where she was." Bobby squeals. He claps his hand excitedly and bounces up and down on the couch like a child.

"Shut up!" I shout.

"Oooh, now you owe a dollar." Rosé laughs and I'm seriously about to blow. Those two are driving me crazy.

"Fuck off." I shout even louder. "And believe me I'll gladly pay another dollar to say it again. Fuck off."