Chapter 5

"What the fuck do you want?" I ask as I narrow my eyes at Irene.

I'm just glad we're not at work so I can swear without having to pay.

"My, my you sure are feisty tonight Kim." Irene smirks. She puts her hand on her hip in what I can only assume is her way of attempting to intimidate me.

It doesn't work though.

I bet you're wondering about my history with Irene.

Well she's certainly not an ex of mine.

Because ewww, I wouldn't touch her with a hundred foot pole.

Look I'm not blind, I know Irene isn't ugly on the outside, but inside she's evil incarnate and I'm fairly certain she has no heart.

I've known Irene for more years then I care to count and our relationship is complex with many different layers that can't be easily explained in a few short sentences.

Ok, ok, it's actually not that complicated I just have a flair for the dramatics.

Irene was the cheerbitch that Bobby was dating when he came out.

And to say she didn't take it well would be a humongous understatement.

Now, I can make fun of Bobby all I want, and I do, because he's my brother but when someone else tries to give him a hard time they awaken a beast inside of me.

Irene felt the need to tease my brother and she also felt the need to round up some of her jock friends to teach my brother a lesson on what a real man is.

He hardly even broke a sweat when he punched their lights out. I was so proud of Bobby that I actually hugged him in public, that was a day for the record books.

Ever since then I've had a justifiable hatred for that bitch and every time we run into each other it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. She always makes a point of trying to get under my skin and for the life of me I can't figure out why. It's not like I'm the one who dumped her large and ample ass.

Ok, ok, I kind of know why she might have it in for me.

Irene has this ridiculous theory that I'm the one who started the rumor that she's a hermaphrodite and when Bobby saw her penis that's how he knew he was gay.

How she ever got an idea like that is beyond me.

"Why are you snickering?" Irene hisses.

I take a big sip of the wine that Franco just poured and I'm hoping if I ignore her she'll just go away.

Irene on the other hand has other ideas. "How's that faggy brother of yours?"

Oh no she didn't.

I shoot up from my chair and get right in Irene's face. "You better shut your mouth before I shut it for you."

Irene cackles and that drives my blood pressure up even higher. "I see I have your attention now Kim."

I am so not in the mood for a confrontation and I really, really don't want to chance Jennie meeting someone who dislikes me so much. "Whatever you have to say, I'm not interested, so why don't you..."

"I guess you didn't hear the big news?" Irene cuts in.

Like I even care.

"You're looking at the newest addition at S.M & Associates." She finishes.

I should probably explain.

S.M. & Associates is a rival K&J firm that has been my dad's biggest competition for years. So of course Irene would pick that company to work for, how predictable.