Chapter 41

Before you go ahead, let me warn you that I'm not confident about my battle scene. Please give your comments on it and anything to improve about it... 

*******

Serenity's POV

It's been a month since everyone from the army revealed themselves to Frank and Hazel and we (as in Chiron, Grover, Frank, Hazel, Tyson and Poseidon (sometimes)) would come together to chat and talk, although not for long so as to not raise suspicion.

Over the past month the camper kept asking the army to reveal their identities. They were starting to realize how real this war was and they wanted to see the faces of those who were helping them. I told the army that they might have to reveal themselves in order to gain their trust and although they agreed that it was needed they were still not ready and kept postponing and finding reasons to not.

Another thing that happened during the month was the dreams. As a goddess, I rarely (if ever) get dreams unless there is something Dream wants to show me. But during this month the dreams were more frequent. Most of the time it was the same showing the upcoming battle with End but the outcome of the battle was still a mystery. Different outcomes would be shown, like where End wins and the world is destroyed or where we win but End or Ales ends up dead or where everyone lives and End comes back to us, but none were specific. Percy and I have talked even with the army and friends but no matter what conclusion we come up with we can never be sure. The only thing we can be positive about is that the war is coming and soon...

We've increased border patrol even though there can't be any weak points – here, at the roman camp or at Olympus. Since most of the campers had finished their assigned duties, they spent more time in practicing and making sure they were prepared for battle at any time. As for the charm speakers or mist users, they also started training for battle because I had taught them everything that they were required to know.

Some of the demigods had gotten close to the army members, like Clarisse who had become as close to Silena as any camper got with the members and had been helping her with the trainings. Even the hunters had become fond of Thalia (although they do not know who she is). Leo and Beckendorf had become close with their siblings although most of the members did not associate with the campers much- Jason, Luke and Ethan (for obvious reasons) and of course Percy himself. Nico, although did not get close to any campers (especially a certain someone from the Apollo cabin), spent a lot of time with Hazel and Frank who were excited to become part of the army.

I was watching the campers train when it happened. Although I had been expecting one ever since the attack on the underworld, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't caught by surprise when I heard the conch horn blow or as I watched the campers strapping on their armors and running to the hill where an enormous army was marching towards.

Percy, the army members, campers, nature spirits and Chiron, all raced into battle while I was forced to stand and watch how it took place. I somewhat understood how the gods should've felt knowing that most of the time they can't do anything to help those they love... See how I said 'should've', the problem with the gods is that most of them don't care about whether their children die. I felt the weak presences of the gods who apparently appeared and couldn't help but notice the helpless look some of them gave wanting nothing more than to jump into battle with their children while others looked like they were there just for the sake of it or to enjoy the battle.

There were more than hundred thousand monsters of all kind and the only common thing each of them had was that they were blessed by End himself making them very powerful. The campers found it very difficult to defeat them but managed somehow (with a lot of help from the members) and even the army was struggling to beat them but was able to manage using their guardian powers (without actually summoning them).