seven

a / n : 

i caved in and posted this. i told myself i won't post until i get stock chapters but this is all i have. i was going through the comments and felt really bad for the lack of updates. sorry guys. i'm currently working on something (that might get published in print, if all works out) so it's been really busy. as much as i want to continue writing this, i have to work on that one first. please bear with me!!

here's a long-ish chapter!! i hope you enjoy it as much i had fun writing it. 

love,

sam xo

S E V E N

"I'M GONNA DROP OUT," Perry announces dramatically as soon as he enters the apartment. Colin, Drew and Sadie all look up at him. "I'm gonna fucking drop out, man. College is the worst. I should have stayed back home and lived off my parents my whole life."

Colin watches as Perry drops his bag on the floor and kicks off his shoes.

"Dude," Drew says, "chill out. Midterms is over anyway."

"Not for me," Colin says, turning back to his laptop screen. "I still have a paper to turn in."

"That sucks. College sucks."

Colin rolls his eyes, used to this by now. It's not like Perry struggles with his grades or anything. He's practically one of the smartest people in his grade. Every now and then, however, he sulks about college and shit, usually during and after stressful periods.

"What happened?" Sadie asks. She's perched on top of the counter, playing some game about collecting cats on her phone (something Colin learned after she and Drew had a particularly lengthy discussion about it).

Perry plops down on one of the bean bag chairs. "I missed a date with this girl I've been asking out for weeks now. She finally agreed but then I stood her up and now she blocked my number."

"Oh, shit, is this the girl from the bookstore?" Drew asks. "Why'd you stand her up?"

"Our topic defense went overtime," Perry replies. "Well, my group did fantastic, obviously, but there was this shit group and Gardner kept grilling them and the whole class had to suffer through it all."

"Oh, Perry," Sadie says sympathetically. "Do you want me to make you some hot chocolate?"

Perry visibly perks up at this. "Will you make it with love?"

One corner of Sadie's lips lift up. "Maybe."

"I want to drop out of college too!" Drew practically spits out.

Sadie rolls her eyes and laughs. "Yes, Drew. I'll make some for you, too."

Colin shakes his head at the whole exchange. Life in their apartment has been livelier with Sadie around. As much as he hates to admit it, Colin has gotten used to Sadie's presence. Or maybe it's because he's been too busy dealing with all those exams.

Days tend to go by when there's so much stuff to do. He's hardly had any time to sleep, much less mope about Sadie staying with them. In the short time she's been here, however, both Perry and Drew seem to be steadily growing closer to her.

She and Drew are always falling into easy conversations. They'd been quizzing each other on some of their lessons and always tried to get Colin to join. Perry has been a little bit scarce, with all his tutoring and schoolwork, but he pretty much sidles next to Sadie whenever he gets a chance.