22•Love?

2,000 Years Ago

-

For the past few weeks, Y/N has been avoiding poor Armin. He would walk up to her, but she would blush, turn away, and either walk away or continue whatever she was doing.

Armin was about done with it, he was kinda depressed. Eren pointed that out when they were sitting together during dinner one night. Before making that comment, he even poked the boy who resembled a vegetative state.

"She hates me." The blonde mumbled over and over again.

"Cheer up!" Jean slapped his back, makimg Armin grimace in slight pain. "There's plenty of fish in the sea!"

"You're the one who told me to-" he paused, blushing a slight bit as he turned away.

"Dude, what do you even care about her for?" Eren asked in a monotonous voice, waiting for his soup to cool down on his spoon. Armin didn't respond, as he really didn't know the answer to this himself. Why did he care so much that she hates him? This was so unlike him.

'I should just get my act together and-'

"He fell in love." Mikasa quickly answered.

But there's no way he could've fallen in love. They only knew each other for a short amount of time. And anyone could die at any moment. It just seemed wrong.

Before he could respond to Mikasa's accusation, Levi began making an announcement.

"Armin Arlert and Y/N L/N, you are on cleaning duty tomorrow. Come see me in my office after dinner."

-

"I would very much rather clean alone." Armin heard a feminine voice make an attempt to bargain just before he was about to knock on the door. He lowered his hand.

"You two were the most effective cleaning the dorms last time and I trust Arlert is the person least likely to do anything in the girls' dorm." Levi said.

"That's not why I'm against cleaning with him. Also, he is standing outside the door listening to this conversation."

Armin felt a tang in his heart, feeling both rejected and guilty for getting caught.

There were a few moments silence before the door opened, revealing Y/N with her hand on the handle and Levi sitting in a chair.

"You've already got the plans, right, Arlert?" The ravenette raised a brow.

"U-um, I think so. We'll be cleaning the dorms together, right?"

-

"Go clean the boys' dorm." The girl said in a somewhat harsh tone. She shoved a broom and rag at him, taking him by surprise. He quickly grabbed it just before the H/C-ette turned in the direction of the girls' dorm.

"W-wait!" The short boy called out, but she ignored him. He dropped the stuff and grabbed her wrist, which she responded by automatically turning around and kneeing him in the crotch.

He fell to the ground while grunting in extreme pain. She croutched next to him and poked him, still keeping her poker face.

"What?" She said like she didn't just potentially make her fellow cadet infertile. It took him a few moments to recover. He sat up, putting his arms between his legs for protection.

"What was that for?!" He asked. He wasn't really mad, but he didn't expect that kind of reaction.

Y/N was taken aback, as she never heard the easygoing Armin raise his voice toward her. She didn't show it on her face, of course.