14 ||

•° ✿ °•

His hands linger around your waist while your arms wrap around his neck as both bodies remain close to one another. Your head leans against his chest while his chin rests atop your head. Funny how earlier you were ready to knock some sense into him, but a simple action was enough to calm you down.

No words. Just his eyes staring deeply into yours while the palm of his hand slowly glided against your right cheek. Just his eyes that resemble a waterfall with hot tears spilling down his face and onto the ground. Just his lips parted slightly and the uneven breathing that escaped it. 

Here you are now, in each other's arms. 

"(y/n)..." He starts, voice slightly wavering.

You hum in response, not bothering to pull away from his embrace.

"How did you feel when I was out with other girls?" He asks softly.

You couldn't help but shake your head, chuckling lightly as you did.

"I was hurt." You simply reply.

"How hurt were you?" He responds with another question.

You ponder for a moment. You bite your lip as you thought of the sleepless nights and unhealthy phone calls with friends for the past few weeks.

"I couldn't sleep and every time I tried to, you would haunt me in my dreams." You reply weakly.

He nods at this, urging for you to continue.

"My heart always twisted at the mention of your name and I couldn't seem to breathe whenever I see you." You add, forcing a small smile as you say this.

Wonpil pays attention to every word.

"It's crazy how much love can hurt when it's meant to bring happiness to people."

It's true. Wonpil can't deny that, but who was he to agree? The pain he felt was probably petty compared to yours. Just the thought of that shatters his heart.

"Would you ignore me if I said I could relate?" He asks, leaning his head back with his eyes closed.

You shake your head and whisper a 'no'.

"That's how I felt when I was with other women." A frail smile appears on his face.

It was your turn to listen.

"I thought I'd be happy seeking for a girl of my dreams, but it stung. I felt farther and farther away from being genuinely happy. It just felt like something was missing." He continues.

Your hands unconsciously intertwine with his.

"That was when I slowly distanced myself from you. I lost a friend and my happiness along with it." His voice softens.

Then the unexpected comes, a warm feeling against your lips. He pulls you close to him, brushing the stray strands of hair off your face before cupping your cheeks.

It finally felt right.

He slowly pulls away with a glint of ecstasy visible in his eyes. You could feel the blush creep to your cheeks as he continues to capture your gaze. You let out a little giggle, shoving him lightly. He chuckles along with you before moving back and leaning against the other wall of the alley.

"What does this make of us?" You ask, biting your lip.

Wonpil only smiles in response, leaving you eager for an answer. However, before he could open his mouth, the echoing of voices and footsteps resonate against the narrow pathway.

"Why'd you think they'd be here?"

"Shut up."

"Ew, it's filthy in here!"

"Be quiet, you'll scare the cats in the trash cans!"

Wonpil's eyes meet yours. You laugh, knowing who those voices belong to. In a second, Wonpil was by your side, extending a hand out to you. You grab hold of his hand that fit perfectly with yours, lacing your fingers together.

"Let's go?" He asks.

You nod.

You walk toward the end of the alley, meeting four figures looking disgusted and ready to fight. Wonpil keeps a safe distance between the group, taking a stone that rested on the side, and throwing it near their feet.

It didn't take long before three girlish shrieks and a manly scream filled the small space. You both try to hold in your laughter but fail as soon as Brian started clinging to Jae, who looked unamused at this point.

"Oh, it's you two! You scared us!"

Then, their eyes land on your entwined hands and onto your faces that were a crimson red.

°•. ✿ .•°