¹⁰, ROMEO, OH, ROMEO. . . OH, BOY

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐄𝐍 . . . 𝘙𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰, 𝘖𝘩, 𝘙𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰. . . 𝘖𝘩, 𝘉𝘰𝘺
❝ I have a feeling I'm not gonna regret anything with you

  CHARLIE GILMORE OFFICIALLY hated English class.

  She had never hated it before, reading books she had read hundreds of times, chatting with Emma or Liam. The English classroom had always been her favorite, the windows were large and Mrs. Leighton was always kind, especially considering she allowed Charlie to devour her breakfast like the true teenage heathen she was.

  But, even though Liam was working hard to rebuild what he'd felt like he'd broken, Emma had detached from both Liam and Charlie entirely. And the room didn't feel so warm anymore. Charlie was devoured by guilt when Liam would slide her notes or whisper jokes, and Emma sat silently with her eyes trained to the chalkboard.

  The only saving grace was that Jess now occupied the desk behind her, and even that had its downfalls due to his constant need to play with her hair. Dean happened to share the class with them, and for reasons beyond Charlie, he oftentimes glared when Jess's digits became entangled in chocolate locks.

  "Alright, today I'll be assigning partners for your biggest assignment." Ms. Leighton passed out small journals, as she spoke, returning back to the front of the class, "You will be paired up randomly and you're going to be writing about your partner. I expect it to be at least two pages in length since you will have until after your holiday break to complete this assignment. You can take whatever approach you please, but I recommend putting these journals to use."

  "Now," The woman sighed deeply, "I don't want two pages filled with their favorite food, I want you to really get to know your partner, maybe write things not even they know. This assignment is supposed to strengthen your descriptive writing so if you don't want to write a simple essay,  you may do a short story, a collection of poems, or if you'd like to take a different approach you can create a short video, but it must have some sort of commentary."

  Charlie quickly zoned out, but she could still hear clearly enough to roll her eyes when Emma and Liam were paired up. After what seemed like forever she heard her name be called out. And it seemed no shock, she was partnered with Jess.

  "You gonna do this?" Charlie questioned, leaning her elbow on Jess's desk.

  "Are you kidding?" Jess laughed lightly, "This is gonna be easy. I already know you."