Chapter 29- Help me

>Sophie's POV>

I sat in Professor Harry's class, he came around and collected the essay.. i chose the one that my mum was tortured with.. i blink away tears and he started talking.. "Today i want to practice some simple disarming spells, hence Expelliarmus" he said and i smiled slightly, he was such a good teacher and so is Professor Draco. 

I pack my stuff up and left to magical creatures "Hi Hagrid" I say looking up at the man and he smiled "Hello Sophie, 'ow er you?" he said and i smiled "i'm good" i say swaying back and forth lightly "that's good, you ready to learn about some Thestrals?" he said and i nodded slowly.. "I've heard of those but i can't remember fully..." i say slowly and he chuckled "Well i'll show ya" he said and he held up his lantern as everyone gathered around "alright class, we're going to the dark forest to see this magical creature" he said and i blushed and channeled myself to the front of the group and followed close behind Hagrid. He mad a really weird bird chirping call and there was cracking of leaves and sticks, he placed down a dead cow and i stared, many people were hidden behind trees "ah they're here" he said and a small skeletal horse reaped through the trees, it had black leathery wings and it was a baby horse.. it went to the cow and started tearing some meat off the dead cow.. more came and i smiled at the group "now, these are Thestrals, who can see them?" he said and i rose my hand, so did the triplets "who did you see die?" he said looking at me and i blushed "my mum, she got a Dementor kiss after being tortured" i say and he frowned behind his beard "we saw our dad die" the triplets say together and i smiled slight, making my dimple show "car crash.." they said again, "are you supposed to see those??" someone said and Hagrid sighed quietly "the only reason is once you see someone die, you see the Thestrals" he said "that continues the fact that Sophia is a Freak" Ethan said behind me and i turned around "Call me a freak one more damn time Ethan and i'll show you freak" I spat and he smirked slightly "mmm aggressive huh?" he said cockily and people moved out of the way as i stormed up to him and held him by the collar of his shirt, he was still so much taller than me "shut the hell up Ethan, or i'll make your friends see the damn Thestrals" i spat in his face "shut the fuck up Mudblood" he spat and i threw him to the ground "I'm not a damn muggle born! i'm a half-blood, my mum was a damn witch and my father is a muggle, and he's putting me up for damn adoption because i'm a witch, do you think i asked to be a damn witch??!" i spat and he stared at me in disbelief "do you think i ask to live the life i am now?!" i spat and i took a deep breath and turned around and hid my face "Hagrid, could i please have Ms. Sophie" someone said behind me and i blushed "yes, Professor Harry" Hagrid said happily and i turned around. i totally forgot it was Friday... he held his hand out for me to come with him and i slowly took it and he walked me to a pretty pond, i sit down in the flowers against a tree "how are you today?" he said sweetly and i shrugged "i sorta lost my cool" i say bringing my legs to my chest and putting my head on them "i do that a lot, when someone annoys you so much and nags you, you lose your cool" he said and i hummed "what's wrong with me.." i whispered and he puts his hand on my back "Nothing is wrong with you dear, it's just that Pure bloods think that they are better than everyone" he said sweetly and i nodded "help me.." i muttered and he gently brushed my hair "i am sweetheart" he whispered and i smiled.. "the holidays are soon" he said and i nodded "i think im going to stay here.." i said letting my legs down into the late November grass "why are you helping me?" i mutter and he sighed "Because, that's what i do best" he said and i smiled, he put his arm around me and i leaned against his chest "Professor? why do muggle born people hated so much?" i say and he licked his lip lightly "well, muggle born kids are different, did you go to muggle school?" he said and i nodded "well, were you called different because of a hobby or your eye freckle?" he said and i blushed but nodded "well that's like muggle born kids, they are different because their parents are normal people. Muggle born kids are pretty rare.. witches and wizards are hard to come by" he said and i smiled "It's about time for dinner, let's get you back into the castle" he said and i nodded and we stood up.