Chapter 20

Contains triggering content. Please read at your own risk because I really don't want to be held accountable for anything happening to you guys. 💕

**

14 days. That's how long it's been since Lauren had gotten rid of her. She was lost. She didn't know how to properly function. Was it because she wasn't good enough anymore? Did management do something? Say something that made Lauren think it was a good idea to kick her out?

Rationally, she knows what was done couldn't be helped. She needed to travel, do promo for her new album. But the little side of her, the dependent part of her that couldn't see life without Lauren doesn't understand that.

She thinks it was Lauren's fault and a tiny part of big Camila does too.

She looks down at her thighs. Thin. Covered in scars. Bruised. It was the only way she could cope. Get rid of the numbness that was running through her veins making her feel like she was crazy.

It was scary to think that being separated from someone you cared for so dearly could do this to you. Make you feel alone despite being in a room full of people. Make you feel like you had no one despite actually having plenty.

She looks down at the small object between her thumb and forefinger. Sharp. Shiny. Perfect. It was enough to inflict the the most severe of damage to anything it touched despite its size.

Maybe this was a cry for help. Maybe this was something she should stay clear away from. But maybe, she just didn't care. Maybe she just wanted everything to stop.

*

Lauren sighs as she closes the front door behind her, dropping her belongings to the floor with a not so quiet thud. As soon as she places her keys down and shrugs off her leather jacket, she heads straight for the kitchen not being able to bare looking at the living room where Camila's toys still remained.

It's been two weeks now and she still didn't have the courage clean everything up.

She knows she's being stupid. She knows that reacting like this to something that was only temporary was stupid, but when someone or something means so much to you, being separated for even the shortest amount of time felt like an eternity.

Clearing her throat to get rid of the tightness, she lets out a heavy sigh and grabs one of the many glass bottles that she kept in the fridge. Leaving it on the side to chill, she makes her way down the hall to her bedroom, slipping through the ensuite bathroom.

She makes quick work and stripping off and turning the shower on, and she's soon stepping underneath it and taking a deep breath, allowing the hot steam of water to fall and envelop her whole body.

She closes her eyes, bringing her hands up to wipe down her face as attempt to wipe off the small amount of make up she had put on today.

Unfortunately, the silence surrounding her causes her to think back to the day Camila had left. She looked so lost, so broken and it took everything in her to stay put as the young girl was lead out of the room with the most heartbroken look of betrayal on her face.

She hated seeing her like that when there was nothing she could do about it.

The fact that her sessions with her had been put on hold until she got back annoyed the living day lights out of her too. That all contact apart from texting had been stopped despite her fighting it and telling them that the sessions were the only thing keeping Camila sane and healthy, but the girls management just didn't want to know.

They said she'd cope better alone. Get more done without her.

Before the tears in her eyes could fall, she distracts herself by reaching for the shampoo.

Just two more months to go.

*

Camila stares paralysed down at her thigh, the shiny object in her trembly hand falling to the floor. It was gushing blood, the red liquid falling to the floor, dirtying it and staining her hands.

She makes no move to reach for something to stop it. She makes no move to call for help. She just watches, numb with fear.

Both the physical and mental pain she was feeling right now somehow causes her mind to drift to life before Lauren. How sad she was, how much she wished on a daily that everything would just end. She wasn't happy, everyday day was just another shitty ass twelve hours of her simply just existing. She had no one to open up to, no shoulder to cry on so all of the feelings she had stayed trapped inside her head.

But then she appeared. She made her happy. Made her actually enjoy life.

Lightheadedness brings her out of her thoughts, and only then did it click to reach for a towel. She folds it up, pressing down on the wound before leaning her head back against the tiny closet, her eyes stinging from the salty tears filling them. They drip down her cheeks to her neck and despite how much it tickled, she couldn't find it in her to wipe them away.

She closes her eyes and prays that Lauren would somehow subconsciously realise how much she needs her right now, that she would appear to make her feel all better. She missed her, so so much and she felt so stupid for not being able to cope without her. That she had to resort to this just to feel anything but numbness.

Releasing her grip on the towel, she brings the sleeves of her hoody down to cover her hands before bringing them up to wipe off her wet cheeks. She takes a deep, shaky breath to try and get herself together before reaching for the first aid kit, knowing that if she was in here much longer that Normani would start to her suspicious.

She bandages her thigh with trembly hands, making sure to place a large bandaid on it first so prevent the blood from soaking through. She wasn't planning on sleeping tonight, so she knew that if it did happen to leak she'd be more than aware of it.

After taping down the bandage, she pulls down her shorts down to cover it before she shakily rises to her feet. She clears everything up as best as she could and with one last glance in the mirror, she unlocks the bathroom door.

"What were you doing?"

Camila freezes for a second before looking up, "Using the bathroom. Why else would I be in there? To get a snack?" she knows she was being stupidly standoffish, but she couldn't help it. It was either that or breakdown crying and she was well aware of what would be the better option.

Normani narrows her eyebrows, looking the tiny brunette up and down. She obviously decides that questioning Camila would be pointless and she was soon letting out a deep sigh before disappearing. Taking that as a hint, the small girl was quick to scurry to her bunk.

She pulls the curtain closed and covers herself with a thin black comforter before reaching for the phone she knew was tucked into the little storage thing she had hung up on the wall next to her, and with a soft sigh, she presses down on the home button, managing the tiniest of smiles when she see's she had a message from Lauren.

Quickly unlocking her phone, she unlocks it with her thumb and clicks onto it.

Lolo💜: Goodnight baby, sweet dreams ❤️

And just like that her eyes fill with tears again.

Why was this so hard.

**

Sorry about this chapter guys, but I kinda needed it written for where I'm planning on going with this book. This will be the only chapter containing this type of material so you won't have to read it again.

Next chapter: 200 votes

Thank you for reading!