3.) Librarian Girl

2 days later

"You can take your break boo," Maya told Renae seeing that she was becoming antsy.

"You sure?"

Maya nodded, "We're not busy, so go ahead."

Thanking her, Renae grabbed her phone and keycard before she walked from behind the desk.

"Take your time," She added and Renae smiled softly as she headed towards the stairs.

Seeing that the only messages she had were from her mom and Dajon, she sighed sliding her phone in her back pocket.

I need friends.

Reaching the second floor, she decided to go hang around the Urban section since there was only 2 people there at the moment. Grabbing a Denim Diaries series, she sat at a far off table and read the back summary first. Before she even made it to read the book, she laid her head down feeling an unknown wave of tiredness. She really did need to get in a regular bed; maybe taking her aunt up on her offer wouldn't be so bad.

Hearing the chair scoot back, Renae lifted her head and squinted. "Are you stalking me?" she glared at Kingston.

Chuckling softly he held up the books. "I like ta read ma, I seen you over here and wanted ta speak."

Squinting at him suspiciously, Renae nodded slowly before replying, "Uh... kay."

"So..." he smirked, "how long are you working tonight Renae?" He queried, glancing at her name tag.

"How'd yo—" Pursing her lips, she looked down at her name tag and cursed, "weirdo" she mumbled, taking her name tag off and placed it in her pocket.

"Why can't I know your name?" He was genuinely curious.

"You seem like a weirdo."

King quirked a brow, "I'm far from dat," his eyes lingered on her briefly before he opened the Malcolm X book.

Staring at him for a moment, she shook her head then laid back down.

"Sleeping on tha' job? Automatic termination," he chuckled and she rolled her eyes.

"I'm on break, so mind your business."

"You a lil feisty ain't ya?" He smirked and she slammed her hands down on the table as she lifted her head up.

"I'm tired... What. Do. You. Want?" Irritation was laced heavily in her voice as she eyed him.

"Damn," he softly chuckled, "I was just fucking wit ya."

Renae rolled her eyes, "Play with yourself, don't play with me? I 'ont know you," grabbing the book, she stood.

King stared at her for a moment as she began walking away, "Yo, hold up," he hopped up and followed after her.

"I will scream stranger danger so fast you gon wish you left me the hell alone." She gritted, looking at him.

Holding his hands up in mock surrender, he backed up, "A'ight, I'll leave you be."

"Just wanted to take a damn nap." She muttered, walking away.