Chapter 27- The House Cup

I woke up to someone shaking me early the next morning. Harry stood over me, covered in bandages, and smiling. I grinned back, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes and sitting up. I let Harry hug me tightly.

"We did it, Lily," he said, voice laced with excitement. I had to laugh.

We didn't say anything for a few moments. Sydney and Ron had both been let out already, judging by their empty cots. I longed to be released as well, and I would have asked, practically begged, to be let out, but Madam Pomfrey was nowhere to be seen.

"Is that Sadie?" Harry said suddenly, pointing to a cot behind me.

Sure enough, Sadie lay restrained to one of the cots behind me. I growled and ran over, my hair and eyes red. Sadie was already awake. I glowered and whipped my wand from my robes, preparing to hit her with a few stinging jinxes.

"Miss. Potter!" McGonagall strode over to me, while Dumbledore went to Harry. I stuffed my wand back into my robes, cursing myself for being caught.

McGonagall led me into the hallway outside the hospital wing, to allow both Dumbledore and Harry, and her and me, to have some privacy. I leaned against the wall. McGonagall's lips were thin, but seemed to be curled up into a nearly undetectable smile.

"Did you get Madame Pomfrey to at least check the injuries?" she asked, eyeing the cuts, bruises and the one big gash streaked across my face.

"You of all people, should know I didn't," I replied, eyeing Sadie with loathing through the window on the door. McGonagall led me further away from the door upon noticing this. "Why isn't Dumbledore interrogating me?"

"I think we both know the answer to that. Don't make it so obvious that you don't like him Lily, he may be offended," McGonagall said with a tiny smirk that was rare on the Gryffindor head of House,

"It's that obvious?" I said embarrassed, face getting red.

"A little. Now what happened three nights ago?" McGonagall asked, coaxing the story out of me.

"Three nights?!" I exclaimed, suddenly very shocked.

"Yes, three nights ago. You and Harry have both been out for three days. I expect your friends will be very happy to hear of your return. Now, you were going to tell me the events of the night in the underground chambers of Hogwarts."

I told her everything. From finding Fluffy, to getting the answers from Hagrid, to thinking it was Snape, all the way to Sadie whose name I spat like it was venom. I'd broken rule after rule after rule, and I was vaguely aware I could get detention for the rest of my time at Hogwarts.

"Why couldn't Quirrell stand our touch?" I asked, remembering the way his face crumbled to dust beneath my hand.

"The night your parents... died, the love your mother showed, it left a mark."

I raised my cut hand up to my forehead and lay two fingers on my scar. I winced and quickly with drawled my hand as it brushed the cut Sadie had left, I burned at the touch, and the whole thing now throbbed.

"No not a mark you can see. It runs in your blood. It wasn't Quirrell that couldn't touch you, it was Voldemort, that couldn't," McGonagall informed. "Now let's fix this."

With a wave of her wand, all the bruises left by the falling stone were gone, along with the small cuts. Some of the bigger cuts were bandaged, but were healing quickly. The giant slash was still streaked across my face. McGonagall tried multiple spells, but none worked.

"What happened here?" McGonagall asked.

"Sadie," I growled, my eyes and hair going bright red at the thought of her.