|Thirty-Two|

Nervous. Anxious. Terrified.

These three emotions consumed and were the constant factor in me since i heard about Xerxes' brothers visit to the pack.

I didn't know them, neither did i had any clue how they'd be.

They are royals. Vivi made sure to remind me the same thing for the nth time.

Since yesterday, not only i but even my wolf was on her toes, restless with the news of their arrival.

They were Royals so they'd be scary and intimidating for sure, without any doubt.

I was nervous about their reaction, whether they would accept me, a weak she wolf as the King's mate.

What if they didn't approve? Would i be casted aside by Xerxes after hearing their arguments about how weak and useless i was.

If it was up to me, I'd abstain myself from meeting them for as long as i could. I didn't have the confidence or the power to ever meet them or be in their presence.

Aside from my own personal reasons for not wanting to meet them, i was scared of the opinions they would have regarding me and how Xerxes would react to them.

It was only fair of him to listen to his own brothers. And they'd be right when they point out my flaws and weakness. I was weaker than a normal wolf, i was anyone special so their disapproval to our bond would be justified.

And the worst thing was, i wouldn't even have the courage to say anything against them or their opinions because they'd be right.

With one glance at me, they'd know how weak i was.

I felt a large warm hand over my hands which were adjoined tightly in tension. Xerxes freed my hands and held them with his, his thumb rubbing at the back of my hands absentmindedly.

My eyes held his cold ones which were on me. "You're my mate." His voice was low yet strong and filled finality. "You got nothing to worry about." His words were simple yet reassuring.

It was as if he could read what was on my mind and knew what was bothering me. He didn't exactly put the words out but i understood what he was instigating at.

He probably could sense my worry.

Putting on a small smile, i gave him a nod letting him know, i understand him.

His eyes were cold as always, never did it change but i knew, it still wasn't the same look he used to have when we first met, there was something else lurking in them yet i wasn't curious to find out what it was. I didn't want to be greedy but be happy with what i have at the moment.

Pushing a strand of hair behind my ear, his palm rested on the side of my neck and i leaned into his touch.

Despite his cold demeanour and eyes, his touch always were a contrast, they were warm and soft.

His thumb rubbed my jaw in a sweet gesture, my eyes closed involuntarily and i savoured the moment with him.

These days, Xerxes was being more expressive with his touch. He doesn't speak much but his actions speak for him, they were loud enough for me to understand what he mean.

Our moment was short lived when there was a knock on the front door. Xerxes didn't let go of me but his thumb froze on my jaw, his eyes glazed over.

He was mind linking someone.

After a few seconds he was back, his eyes once again set on me.

"They're here, come." His words were short and curt.