4.1 The Stubborn Lang Yuan

"I finally found you, my beautiful wife."

Silence.

There was the sound of crickets and crows resounding the alley. Nobody made a move. Not even the water from the waste sewage dared to flow. Everything was quiet.

Lang Yuan tightened his grip of JiDan and quickly ran pass through this man in dragon robes, pass the attendants of the emperor, and pass the alley until he met the streets. Without looking back, Lang Yuan sprinted on his way towards the inn non-stop.

The party of the emperor and his parade was left in cold wind.

Master Qui is talking with Shen Qi when the door suddenly opened with a bang. They see Lang Yuan entering the restaurant with a straight face yet the air around him is tense. Lang Yuan only greeted them before climbing upstairs. Master Qui was too late to ask while Shen Qi stared at the young master before it went to the second floor.

"Who is he carrying?" Shen Qi asked.

"Hmmm? That's his son," Master Qui shrugged.

"He has a son?" The youth was surprised. 

"Yes. Surprised?" Master Qui.

"Who isn't? I thought he's a bachelor," Shen Qi commented. "Though, young master Lan is good looking so it's not a question if he already has a bride. He can captivate both man and woman ba!"

The two chatted about Lang Yuan while the subject of their talk is currently closing the door tight, place whatever locks on the door has, and moved a chair to block the door. He then placed JiDan on the bed and paced around the floor. His face looks neutral but the panic that surrounded him is very obvious. JiDan is like a doll watching his mother walk left and right.

"We... we have to get away from here..." Lang Yuan said. "Tomorrow... no, we have to escape this night. We don't want those people to find us."

JiDan wanted to know why Lang Yuan is acting out like this. That person is his father, there's no doubt with it. But the way his mother reacts, it seems like he have seen a ghost or something. JiDan talked in gibberish to catch Lang Yuan's attention to which he successfully gained.

"Awuu wuwu uwuu ajyuu?" Mother, what are you scared of?

Lang Yuan stopped pacing and faced JiDan. He went towards the child, kneeled unto the edge of the bed, and brought him to a hug. JiDan can hear the quickness of his mother's heartbeat. Lang Yuan is like a bird that has been shot by a rifle! Lang Yuan caressed the hair of JiDan.

"That man... that man is your father..."Lang Yuan said.

"Agyuu?" You know?

"He is a splitting image of you. The moment I saw him... I saw you." Lang Yuan gulped.

"Awbyuu bwuu ooo," Oh, that's right.

Lang Yuan retracted from the hug and gave JiDan a straight look. He placed his hand on the shoulders of the one-year-old kid with a firm grip. JiDan can't stop starring at his mother's beautiful crimson eyes. It is as if he's being hypnotized.

"Don't worry; I will not give you to him. He's dangerous. He just killed those men in one flick. I doubt that he's a good person."

"If I didn't killed those men then probably you have been defiled by them now."

A voice resounded from their back. Lang Yuan looked around and found the man in dragon robes sitting on the chair that he used to block the door. Lang Yuan's eyes widened, glued to his place, wondering how this dangerous man enter the room without opening the door.