Part 28

Your POV

I was running through a sea of people, clinging and clanging sounds filling my ears. I was terrified out of my mind but my feet kept moving me forward.

Jimin's voice began to die out. I looked back to see him engaged in a fight with two knights. He was struggling quite a bit with no time to spare for me. His eyes slipped towards me for a second, with a worried look, but quickly focused back on the enemies who were reluctant to give him the time to even breathe.

I looked to the front and continued running, knowing that he would come out with a few scratches worst case scenario.

I picked up a sword on my way and tried to calm my rapidly beating heart.

He'll be fine. You need to reach them first before they kill off each other.

All the years of training swordsmanship with Namjoon came in handy. I defended myself when some people tried to attack me and even cut down a few.

I spotted Taehyung and Jungkook a few feet away. The latter stopped his actions when he saw me, widening his eyes. "Y/N?"

Taehyung halted at the mention of my name and turned around to see me.

"What are you doing out here?!"

He darted towards me and pulled me towards him, colliding my body with his own and holding me tightly. His familiar manly scent immediately wrapped my being and I circled my hands around him, burying my face into his neck.

I missed him.

My fear immediately subsided by his presence and I let out a breath I've been holding for so long.

I gained the courage to stand tall.

I pulled myself out of his embrace and held his face, furrowing my eyebrows. I checked every inch of him and sucked in a sharp breath. "Are you hurt anywhere?"

Those fierce eyes instantly softened at my desperation and he gently brushed my cheeks as if I was the most fragile thing he's ever seen. I leaned into his touch and he smiled slightly.

"I'm fine."

I sighed, slowly letting out my worries.

I stepped back to face Jungkook. His face was contorted in pain, seeing how we were being so close to each other.

"Jungkook," I called. "Please, for the sake of your people and your own life, surrender and admit defeat. Look around you, it is clear that your side is losing now. Inside the castle, too. So please. I don't want any more blood to be spilled..."

I truly hoped that he will do as I said but the looks he gave me said otherwise. I bit my lips.

"You're saying that to save his life, aren't you? You wouldn't possibly care about me or even my people at that. Your past actions spoke louder to me than the nonsense you're spouting right now." He gritted his teeth, eyes glaring at me, sending shivers down my spine.

I stepped forward. "No, you're wrong. I care about you, too. What happened before was beyond my control. I had no say in that matter. I never wanted for that to happen. I'm saying the truth. Please..."

He shook his head and pointed his sword at Taehyung. I gasped and widened my eyes in horror.

"Jungkook!" I raised my voice. "Don't do this!"

His expression remained unchanged.

I bit my lips in defeat.

In the blink of an eye, the two burst forth and continued their physical encounter. I stumbled when Taehyung pushed me behind himself, trying to protect me from the attacks.

I watched them hit, cut, wound each other relentlessly.

I couldn't move. I couldn't do anything at all.

"P-Please," I whimpered, covering my mouth. "Stop."

But they didn't.

They kept spilling each other's blood without a second thought. Without mercy.

I couldn't take it.

I suddenly felt an unknown cold entity takeover me with such an impact that my body became limp and heavier by the second. A rush of pain ran through me and I coughed out, red substance coming out of my mouth.

Blood.

I started shaking. My eyes trailed down my abdomen.

The pointy end of a sword was sticking out of my body, covered in my blood.

I couldn't think. My breathing was becoming irregular and I was losing heat too fast. I was overwhelmed with aching agony and I couldn't hold myself up.

I dropped to the ground when the sword was pulled out of me, leaving me paralyzed.

Loud, piercing cries and screams covered my ears.

I was getting dizzy and tired, my mind already fading.

I wanted to close my eyes until Taehyung occupied my vision and held me close to himself. My insides were burning.

A tear streamed down my face.

It wasn't mine.

He was crying uncontrollably.

He looked so broken.

He was screaming my name repeatedly, pleading me to not leave him.

My heart dropped. I wanted to bring my hand up to wipe his tears and tell him that I was sorry, but I couldn't.

I lost all my senses and a void took over me.

I closed my eyes...

And I blacked out.

A/N: I'm so sorry for this chapter, my writing is shit...

I couldn't describe the war scenes well but I tried my best, writing it over and over again.

At least it's over now lol.

A few more chapters to go 🤪