16

Ten Years Ago

One Tuesday afternoon,  you were on your way to the teacher's office to pass your homework when Kira approached you with a smile on her face.

Kira, the new girl in school. Everyone loves her because she's pretty and actually smart.

"Hi Y/n!" You noticed she had an open tray full of eggs in her hands. "Are you busy?"

"Not really." You say. "What's that for?"

"Oh this?" She raises the tray and then reaches it out to you. "They're for you actually. I heard from Kookie that you love sunny side ups so I asked my mom to buy them for you."

"Uh thanks? I guess."

"Oh that's not all. Come with me." She takes your arm and pulls you as you try not to let the eggs fall. She brings you to the very back of the school where no teacher ever walks. You can hear someone sniffing like they've been crying.

You're in shock when you see a group of girls surrounding a student. She's on the ground, head facing the floor. Her uniform's a mess. And her glasses' shattered on the side.

"Guys! Guess who I brought." Kira smiles from ear to ear. "Girls, this is Y/n and Y/n, this is Mae and Leeya. And our cute friend over here-" She goes to the tormented girl and puts an arm over her shoulder." -is Jiana. She's our friend too."

This isn't a normal friendship. Kira moves away from her to stand beside you. "What did you guys do to her?"

"We didn't do anything." Mae pretends to be shocked. "When we found her, she was already like that. We were actually comforting her. Isn't that right Jiana?"

Judging by how stiff and startled she is, you can tell they're lying behind their smiles.

Just as you're about to help her, someone flips the tray in your hand causing the eggs to drop all over the student.

"Y/n!" Kira suddenly shouts like she's surprised and runs to Jiana's side. "Why did you do that?"

End Of Flashback

The juicy piece of steak in your place remains untouched and you're poking it like tomorrow doesn't exist. You knew you shouldn't have stuffed yourself with those appetizers.

"So Y/n." Mr Jeon starts as he looks at you from across the table. "Anything new happened lately?"

"Not really." You smile at the man who's like a second father to you. Growing up, when your dad wasn't around to attend a father child event held at school due to business related agendas outside the country, he'd step up in his place. "Ah. My friends and I visited a museum a few days ago and we almost got robbed too. But the police arrived in time so it's all good."

You grin at the memory. It's like you've lost your sense of humor.

"I don't think that—" Mr Jeon starts but stops himself right after. He shows you a smile. "Well I'm relieved nothing happened. Next time don't keep things like this a secret though, Y/n."

There's a hint of seriousness despite the blooming smile. "Yes, sir."

You already told your parents about it so you didn't think he'd take it seriously.

"Now can you tell me what police station's holding them?" Mr Jeon wipes his mouth with a napkin and pulls out his phone.

"Uhm I think it was Seobu station." You reply. "Why?"

"Oh nothing." Me Jeon excuses him and stands, phone pressed against his ears. " I'll just make sure they stay behind bars for a long time. I'll be right back."

"Y/n, are you dating anyone?" Mrs asks just as her husband leaves.

"Mom." Jungkook scowls at her defiantly.

"Oh right. What meant to say was are you seeing someone?"

Jungkook places his spoon down. "Mom I'm full."

"Is that so?"Mrs Jeon smiles. "But I don't think Y/n is yet. And you've barely finished touched yours. Do you want mommy to have it packed it up for you?"

He pushes the chair back and circles the table to get to you, pulling you to stand by the arm.

Dad notices first and gives a look of confusion.

"Are you kids going somewhere?"

"Y/n, said she was tired and wanted me to drive her home."

You look at him in disbelief and shock.

When the hell did you say that?

"We'll leave first then. Please enjoy yourselves." Jungkook bows and then drags you away before you can say anything else.

"Don't you think they look good together?" Mrs Jeon's eyes are literally sparkling as she makes that comment. "I think they'd make a good couple."

"My Y/n is still too young for that." Your father comes to your defense. "And besides, she needs to focus on her studies."

Mrs Jeon scowls at him. "You're one to talk James. Weren't you all fun and no studies back in the days? Let your child breath ones in a while sheesh."

"Anyway-" Your mother drags in between. "I heard he's coming back in a few days."

"He is." She replies. "And hopefully he'll stay here for good."