FIFTY ONE

- Juliet's POV -

The last day before Christmas holidays started was a very long day indeed.

Physics, Chemistry and Biology seemed blurry and distant. Mathematics seemed unsolvable. Spanish seemed like gibberish. Social studies seemed like useless facts. Gym seemed like a very long marathon.

Lunch was the only fun part, including the extra curricular activities and the free English class. The english teacher, Mrs Collins, and her husband, who taught theatre, were busy attending a wedding in America.

During lunch, the entire dining hall seemed like a proper ensemble of the pecking order in Carlton.

At the very top was Kenneth and Verona, and, apparently, now Nikolai and Maya were a part of their group too. Maya ignored Juliet - and Nikolai did the exact opposite. Maya didn't even mind, actually. She didn't care what Nikolai did, or who he did. It was quite surprising.

Then, of course, came Juliet and the rest of the crew. Adam, Nyssa, Alex, Cain, Nathan, and Marie.

Then came Vans, Cole and the rest of the boys. The thugs who were good at getting into clubs and buying expensive clothes and watches and hosting huge parties at their mansions.

Then was Torin and Emilio's squad of incorrigible rowdies. Those who kept getting suspended because of vandalism of school property. Those who beat up the others if they crossed the line and annoyed them.

And finally, Amanda and her cronies. The girls in charge of all of the gossip and news, the ones who loved maintaining the pecking order and basked in being a part of something like it.

The rest of the students were not included in the order, they were innocents. It was where people like Daniel fit in.

Maya's baby bump was now visible. Juliet wondered when she would stop attending school to rest properly and prepare for the baby. God. She had such a past with Maya and Nikolai.

Maya, who was Juliet's first girlfriend. First kiss.

Nikolai, who was her first time.

It was during lunch that Kenneth waved over at their table, something that shocked everybody. Not because the crew was below Nikolai, socially speaking. Which was not the case. But because Kenneth never waved at anyone who wasn't already in his group. He didn't give a shit about the others.

And the most shocking part was that Kenneth wasn't waving only at Alex - he waved at Juliet too.

She glared at him, and went back to talking to Nyssa and Marie. Today was going to be a girls' evening.

After lunch, where the infamous juliet-ashton-ignored-kenneth-lewis incident happened, they had a free English class due to the teacher not being able to attend school for the day. There was no time to hire a substitute, so the students were allowed to roam the campus freely, as long as they didn't cause a ruckus.

Juliet and Alex spent that time very productively - by making out behind a secluded tree in the garden, of course.

Alex and Juliet were kissing deeply, hands roaming. Her hands under his shirt, his hands around her waist. It was a particularly intense event in their lives, romantically. This was, by far, the most intense make-out they'd ever had in their relationship. Alex was not a touchy boy, and Juliet respected those boundaries.

This heavy makeout, however, was all indirectly stopped by Alex, who wanted to 'take a breather'.

What a load of crap.