What Is This Feeling?

Serena walked briskly back to the common room with her friends. Draco Malfoy was laughing about whatever it was he shouted at Hermione Granger back in the hallway.

"I'm going to smack that little twat,," spat Maggie as the plopped on the couches in the common room. "Nothing about this is funny."

"What the hell is the Chamber of Secrets?" asked Serena. Her friends shrugged their shoulders.

"I think I remember my father mentioning it once," said Jade. "But I didn't bother to ask him what it was."

"What did he say about it?" asked Olivia.

"Just that it had something to do with Salazar Slytherin," said Jade. "I didn't think too much more about it."

"Salazar Slytherin?" asked as Serena stopped in her tracks.

"Yeah," said Jade. "Why?"

"Well, what do we know about Salazar Slytherin?" asked Serena.

"How should I know?" asked Jade. "Olivia is the nerd here."

"Hey!" said Olivia offended.

"Well it's true," said Jade.

"Hey, focus here," said Maggie. "Olivia, do you know anything about Salazar Slytherin?"

"Just that he was one of the founders of Hogwarts," she began. "Although I do remember reading something – something about him leaving the school for some reason."

"That doesn't give us much to go on," said Serena.

"I'll need my book," she said. "I'll be right back."

Olivia sprinted off to the dormitory and Serena, Maggie and Jade all waited patiently for her to return. A few minutes later, she came running back with a copy of Hogwarts: A History.

"Just give me a minute to find it," she said as she began flipping through the pages. "Aha!"

The three other girls leaned in closer to her. Olivia began reading.

"Salazar Slytherin was one of the four founders of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry along with Helga Hufflepuff, Godric Gryffindor and Rowena Ravenclaw. Salazar Slytherin was the only founder who insisted on being more selective about the students admitted to Hogwarts. He believed that magical learning should be kept within all magical families. The others did not agree, so he departed the school. Legend has it, that before he left, he built a hidden chamber within the school..."

"It doesn't say much else about it," said Olivia. "It just mentions the chamber, it doesn't actually talk about it."

"That must be it though," said Serena. "Do you think it's true?"

"It says it's a legend," said Maggie.

"Legends have to come from somewhere, don't they?" asked Jade.

"Jade, maybe you could write to your father and ask him about it?" asked Olivia.

"I can try," she said. "But I can't promise any answers."

"We should get to bed," said Serena as she looked around the common room. No one was left except for them. The four of them followed Serena up into the dormitories, they said goodnight to Jade and were off to sleep.

Over the next couple of days, the school was a buzz with the Chamber of Secrets excitement. Serena was so caught up in trying to figure out what the Chamber of Secrets was that she had almost forgotten about the night she had spent with Oliver Wood. It now felt like it happened months ago.