Chapter 15

I decided to show Ray my second most favorite place in the town. The bookstore. Ray had never been to the bookstore and never met Ms. Green.

"Ms. Green, this is my sister Ray. Ray this is the loveliest bookstore owner, Miss Tara Green." I introduced them.

Ray blushed for some reason then smiled happily.

"Hey sweetie. Zack, show her the store. I have some work in the market. Look after the store while I'm gone." Ms. Green said.

"Got it."

I showed Ray my favorite parts of the store including the small sitting area. She paid attention to everything.

"I can see why you like this place. It just gives out a very... calm feeling. The interior is designed in a way that everything just feels so relaxing." She said.

"I have very good taste," I smirked.

"Then recommend me a book. I'll buy any book you recommend me," she said.

"I have a procedure. Your have to answer a few questions before I recommend you anything," I said.

"What is your age?"

"You know this one."

"It's part of the procedure." Ray looked annoyed.

"I turn fourteen in December."

"What was the last book you read?"

"Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe."

"Rate the book on a scale from one to ten."

"Six or seven maybe," she said.

"What genre appeals most to you? Contemporary, Fantasy, Romance, Horror, Young Adult Fiction, Adult Fiction, Science Fiction, Non Fiction, Poetry, Action, Adventure, Historical Fiction, Tragedy, Thriller, Biographies or Autobiographies."

"You remember that many genres?" She asked her eyes wide.

"That's all I can think of off the top of my head." I said.

"Okay, Contemporary and Young Adult Fiction, I guess. Maybe horror and tragedy too."

I looked at the shelves and found the book I was looking for. I handed it to Ray.

"The Astonishing Color of After," she read the title. "What's it about?"

"Read the back of the book," I said. She did.

"Looks good to me," she said after reading. "I wanna buy this one."

She stuck around for a little more while, reading the book before she went to hangout with her friends.

My relationship with Ray had significantly improved. We were good friends now. We could talk about stuff. It would take a while to be comfortable to share our secrets and stuff but we still were on really good terms.

When I look at it, things haven't really been going downhill ever since the breakup. Ms. Green arranged a book release, Colin got a job at his dad's restaurant, I developed a good relationship with Ray and I made new friends like Katy and Jenny.

Things were going pretty well then why couldn't I just forget about her. Everytime I did, all the memories I had about her came rushing back to me. I couldn't get her out of my head and the sad part was that she could.

***

The weekend was approaching. My plan with Colin, Katy and Dale was coming up and my mood was better. Talking about Audrey with Ms. Green helped me but it was still hard to forget her.