Chapter 34

Updated: 15/01/2022  I still get this question a lot and so I'm explaining it ONCE. Olivia is 17. Sebastian is 16. Halfway through the book Sebastian turns 17 and Olivia is STILL 17. Olivia's birthday is June and Sebastian's is November. THEY ARE ONLY 5 MONTHS APART. Thank you, carry on :)

Unedited but enjoy!

|| ** || ** ||

Olivia pushes him away quickly and immediately looks over at me. She opens her mouth but closes it, not knowing what to say.

"What the hell was that?" I ask in disbelief, my voice the only sound in the crowded kitchen.

Everyone around us had just seen Sebastian, my brother, kiss Olivia, my best friend.

"I can explain," Olivia starts, facing me, and grabbing my hands tightly. Sebastian is too drunk to really comprehend what he just did in front of a third of the senior class.

"Yeah, explaining would be a good start," I mumble quickly, racking my brain for excuses as to what just happened. Sebastian is super drunk, so that makes sense; but a drunk person's actions are a sober person's thoughts. Okay but that makes no sense because I don't even understand the things I do when I'm drunk, I have a completely different agenda.

"Not here," she replies softly, looking around the kitchen at all the prying eyes. She pulls Sebastian by his wrist and I follow quickly behind, running up the staircase.

We walk along the hallway on the second floor, trying to open any door we pass for some privacy. Finally, Olivia finds an unlocked room that must belong to Freddie from all the trophies with his name on them.

I'm the last one in so I close the door behind us and turn towards them. Sebastian is already lying on the bed slowly starting to doze off as Olivia watches him, trying to take off his shoes gently. I walk over to help her.

I grab his shoe and Olivia keeps hold of his ankle as we try to pull the Spider-Man boot off, "Okay, now start talking," I grunt pulling with all my strength. Geez, who made these shoes so difficult to take off!?

"Okay," she replies hesitantly, "It started just over a month ago," she speaks quickly.

I yank the boot too hard and fall on my backside in shock, "A month? You've been secretly seeing each other for over a month?" I ask in disbelief, still sitting on the floor with the boot in my hand.

"I wanted to tell you, honest," she pleads.

"Then, why didn't you?" I ask confused.

"Okay- so it was kind of like you with Chase- you didn't want anyone to know because he was from Westview," she shrugs knowing her excuse was bullshit.

"He's my brother, Olivia," I deadpan.

"I wanted to tell you as soon as it happened but he was worried about how you would react," Olivia explains sitting on the bed and brushing his hair away from his face. That hypocritical little asshole!

"Oh my God, he is such a hypocrite!" I yell glaring daggers at the peacefully sleeping boy wanting nothing more than to smack him. Instead, I start pacing the room, "Don't you realize this was exactly what happened with Soph and Cole, like the fucking same!" I start fiddling with my cape, too stressed to focus right now. "What a fucking asshole for pulling the exact same stunt!"

"And you yelled at him for it, remember?" Olivia asks innocently.

"This is different, if he got so upset about it happening to him then he's a douchebag for shoving it on me," I crossed my arms tightly. I walked up to him, sleeping or not, and smacked his head. He didn't move.