Chapter 11

"There's more I'd like to know about your past." Kenshiro bargained. "You got a deal." Musashi said with no hesitation. Kenshiro stared at him again, ready to hear all about this inmates past.

"I'm told that even as a baby my body temperature was slightly above average. Mom would always smile when she touched my hand. She said I had the warmth of the sun. I liked having extra heat in my blood, made me feel special. For a while at least." Musashi began at the beginning of his past, where it all started.

                    Musashi's past

"What's happening to me?" Younger Musashi asked himself in pain and fear. "This unbearable heat flared up inside me, scorching my throat, I couldn't breathe. It felt like I was dying."

"Waiting Room"

"The doctors were clueless, all my tests came back normal. That didn't make me any less afraid. Almost every night, I'd dream that I was burning alive." Musashi continued his story with pain in his voice.

Younger Musashi was in a doctors waiting room, scared and confused. He was looking at the floor till his mom put a hand on his hand, trying to relax him. She smiled at him but all he did was look down. It was like he couldn't face her. He was afraid.

"Just when I started to put those fears behind me," "AHHHHHH!" A woman screamed in fear, in fear of seeing a young man on fire. "Ahh! Help me please!" Musashi screamed out in agony. The people around him were concerned and slightly fearful, "what happened to him!?" A random pedestrian asked in fear. "Somebody call an ambulance!" Another one screamed in panic.

After a while, Musashi' fire went away and he fainted in a circle of ash and burn marks.

"Spontaneous human combustion?" Musashi's mom asked the doctor in confusion, seeing her son bandages from head to toe.

(Authors Note: hey people, I'm sorry but I'm just gonna skip Musashi's past. Please don't hate me! This is only because I have to figure out and write a whole part for Chloe's sauna prize. And she hasn't seen Honey in forever so I mainly want to focus the story on that. Once again I'm sorry! 😰)

               End of Musashi's past

"All of that was true, not that I could prove it. The prison ended is burning down, there's no evidence left of what happened there. I don't expect you to believe me. I lost any chance of revenge when you took my flames from me. But knowing that it's strangely relaxing. That's not to say my thirst for revenge has faded, but if I'm being honest, I kinda wish this had happened sooner." Musashi smirked, clenching and unclenching his hand. All Kenshiro could do was stare at him.

"Just kidding." Kenshiro then spoke up after Musashi said that, "I can certainly understand why you didn't expect me to believe your story. Defies all logic and reason." Musashi looked up at his supervisor, "well who's to say I'm not just crazy?" "I am." Kenshiro said in a hard voice.

"I've seen your and number 15's powers with my own eyes. Is that parts true then I'd be a fool to deny the rest." Kenshiro concluded. "You believe me?" Musashi asked in confusion. Kenshiro gave a stern look to the used to be fire user, "this is not the first rumor I've heard about inmates being used for human experiments." Musashi gasped a little and leaned forward in his cross cross position. "In fact that's the subject I was investigating back in my days with the police."