32: THE DRAGON'S TREASURE

VIDEO above - THE SHOW MUST GO ON symphonic version

Brad and his friends wander through an underground labyrinth of fiery lava flows as they search for the treasure of the Golden Dragon

Brad and his friends wander through an underground labyrinth of fiery lava flows as they search for the treasure of the Golden Dragon ...

The beams from the Balanga crew's lights danced and sparkled on the walls and high ceiling of the cavern as if reflected back by gold and silver coins. Tall pillars roughly carved from the stone ran along the side pits and supported the roof, all of it tinted with the scarlet glow of the fires.

"All we need now is for Dracula to come out and meet us," Jimmy chuckled, his hand resting on his gun belt close to the laser gun. "And a couple of his vampire buds, of course."

"And some eerie organ music playing from somewhere far off in the shadows," Clint added. "Although it's pretty spooky without it, let me tell ya." He grabbed Saroh from behind and gave him a squeeze, making sure to press his crotch against the boy's butt. "That was pretty brave of you, mission boy, escaping from Kee and wandering through this hellish place all alone. How'd ya get the nerve to do it?"

Saroh winked at Brad as he humped back at Clint, saying, "I knew Brad was outside looking for me. What better incentive could there be?"

Clint smirked and squeezed him again. "Oh ... I can think of a couple."

The others were all watching them and Saroh rolled his eyes, snickering. "You mean you and Jimmy? Oh yeah, I was thinking of that too. The three of you are sure way the fuck better than Kee and his two dickheads."

Rondin suddenly growled at them. "You boys stop foolin' round each other! Else I get nuts an' go jump in one o' them pits!"

"Yah, let's get goin'," Brad said, warily eyeing Rondin who looked like he was going to jump right onto Clint and Saroh in the next second or two. "Fuck that spooky stuff." He grabbed Saroh by the arm and pulled him away from Clint as he stepped on. "The only spook in this underground is Malvaggia and we'd better get down to that cavern of light and make sure nobody messes up and lets him loose."

"Right-o!" Captain Redd beamed, following in step behind the others as they moved on. "The show must go on! And we're the ordinary everyday Joe Blows who gotta do it. Lead on, MacDuff!"

Lead on, Brad did, with Saroh at his side and Clint behind with a scowl on his face.

"Who the hell first said that anyway, cap'n?" Jimmy asked, grabbing Clint's elbow in an attempt to pacify him.

"Ah ... good question." Captain Redd's eyes were big and wide and gaping at the side pits of fire. "A character says it in Macbeth. Saw it in a stage presentation down in Sydney. Except he said it, 'Lay on, MacDuff', urging the other to send his troop into battle."

"It's one of those popular misquotes," Yank took it up. "Everyone was saying it in the the last two big wars, but with the old English 'lay on' modernized to lead on."