°Chapter 19°

Weeks passed. Enough that you lost count, and every single one of those days you woke up and did your routine with the feeling you had forgotten something.

You sat in front of Alex. He was just getting over a fever. As he layed on the bed and spoke about things that were going on in his life you hand crept up to your collar bone without a though and fiddled there for a second.

Alex noticed and reached to hold your hand gently in his own tan one.
"I swear to god if you don't stop reaching for something that isn't there."

"But I don't have it anymore Alex. And I know I have it up for a good reason, an amazing reason. But I can't help but feel that I've lost a part of me." you held his hand tightly in your own.

Smiling, you sat up from his bedside and left the room with a quick 'rest well.'
Down in the shop there were no customers. It being midday and people having places to be made you question of you should have gotten a more sustainable job to run in the lobby of your home. You shook your head, thinking the idea to be silly when the bell rang, indicating a visitor.

Nishinoya waltzed through the aisles of your shop to the counter where you stood. He wore a suit and tie and carried a satchel with him. He smiled at you and as your reached for your collar bone he caught your hand midair.

"What's with everyone holding my hand recently?"

"You fidget. But nevermind that." he spoke quickly before placing a quick peck on your forehead. "I have an interview to run to in the next hour with the team but I had to come see you first." he was grinning so widely that you thought his face might rip.

"Awe, how swee-"

"I'm not done princess."

The face you have him was more than displeased and he chuckled before pecking your cheek as compensation.

"Hey. Don't think you can solve everything with kisses."

"I know. I know. But I need you to listen. I know you've been a bit anxious recently about having to sell your necklace."

"Anxious is an understatement."

"Sshh. But I did some digging and look at what I managed to find."

From his satchel, Nishinoya pulled out a sleek case and opened it to reveal a magnificent, shimering, beautiful-

"That's not my necklace." you said flatly entirely let down by the mini climax that Nishinoya was building up to.

The man sighed taking it out of the box to clip it around your neck.

"I know princess, believe me I know. I tried so hard to find your gem but I fell short."

"In more ways than one."

"Don't tease me right now, I'm trying to me sincere. Anyways, I know this can't replace the one you lost and it can't replace the sentiment. But I would rather you have something that reminds you of me hanging by your heart than an empty space that only brings you sorrow."

Your cheeky smile melted away to one that was much kinder and sweet. You leaned forward and placed your forehead on the shoulder of the man In front of you and brought your arms around his waist.

"Nishinoya I swear to god I may be the one with the candy shop,"

You paused to look at the man who now had is arms over your shoulders. You leaned back forward to rest your head back on his stuff shoulder, facing his neck.

"I may own the candy shop, but you're the sweetest."

~~~~~~

Probably the most rushed ending in the history of rushed endings but I wanted to get this finished so I could work on my next story which I hope will be better than anything I've done yet. So we will see.