38- Love Book

Few days before the date, the emperor asked Bai Lu about how to win a girl's heart.

But Bai Lu only stands there and not answering, most likely because he's annoyed.

"Why are you not answering me?"

"This lowly eunuch will get more information before answering to your majesty."

Bai Lu leaves him alone inside his study, not wanting to continue the conversation.

"What is wrong with him?" The emperor thinks to himself.

He is still painting a beautiful face on the canvas. The empress. But the difference is, there are also him and the princess. A family. Something that he never drew.

He takes a deep breath, how beautiful it is to be together. How beautiful it will be if he's not an emperor.

He touches his sons' faces and smile miserably, I'm sorry. But they can't change what's written on the stars. Their fate. Heaven's son that wishes to be a mere human.

Knock knock.

"Get in."

"Your majesty, this servant found out about this book called 'Concubines Dream' . But it strictly prohibited by the late emperor because how vulgar it is written. Maybe your majesty could take a look."

"Hmm.. prohibited? Where's the book now?" The emperor is curious but then he doesn't see any book on Bai Lu's sleeves.

"Your majesty, this servant can't not get the book. However, your majesty surely can get it. The book is placed in special room together with all prohibited books."

"Really? Then I should go there and see by myself." The emperor stands and getting ready to go.

"...sure." Bai Lu just give an information about it, but he doesn't know the emperor will immediately go. Not when it's already very late.

The emperor walks in a big steps like he can't wait to read it. This might be a turning point.

"Okay Bai Lu you can go have a rest." He said that as soon as they reached the royal library.

It is a two story building, and people rarely visit because how little the scholars are. However, this building do have secret basement floors to store private books.

The emperor almost never visit this place, because Bai Lu will bring all the books that he needs to his study. But this time, he has to do it by himself. He looks around, no ones is there so he quickly went in.

The librarian is an old man that the emperor doesn't know, he is sleeping on his old oak desk. Lightning here is such a big issue. The emperor knocks the desk to wake him up.

He looks so tired in the emperor's opinion. Maybe he doesn't get enough rest. But the emperor doesn't want to care, he needs the book right now.

After a few while, the old librarian finally awake. He puts his glasses on and looks up at the visitor. He almost fells down from his chair when he sees the emperor.

"Y-Your majesty, t-this s-" he stutters

"This emperor needs to look at some book from the prohibited room."

"Huh?" The librarian adjusts his glasses, why so suddenly? Is there any propaganda? Is the kingdom in a great danger? He couldn't help but to feel afraid. Because the emperor himself suddenly comes and demands to open the room.

"What are you waiting for?" His voice is dominant and demanding.

"Uh, here.. please follow this lowly servant." The emperor is in a rush, there must be something bad happens. He has to make sure to inform this to Minister Wei.

The room is spacious yet it looks old and dusty. The librarian hands him the key and left. Even the librarian couldn't enter this zone.

There's only one seat and a table inside. Yet the books are many. Some strols on the left and books on the right. Not to forget many ancient writings on animals skin and dried woods.

Now how can he find the book?

The emperor starts with the strolls, because if his father is the one who prohibited the book, it must not be very old.

He runs his fingers to the dusty strolls but he finds nothing. He then quickly moves on to the books part. The emperor realizes that most of this books are propaganda and erased history. Is 'Concubines Dream' belongs together with these books? It makes him even more curious.

Finally he found a red covered book, it is not very old but it must had been squished and tore apart.

The emperor hold his treasure and lock the door behind him. He is ready to go back to his palace. He peeks at the first page, nothing much only a phrase 'A Parallel Universe where The Emperor Loves Me"

What a strong start. He frowns as he read the second page. 'It is My Dream and the Other 1000 Beautiful Concubines of His.'

He now found it hard to breath, his face is burning with shame. When he turns the page, a person calls him. Making he drops the book

"Your majesty!"

It is Consort Wei.

No! The book!

The consort bend down to take the book for him, but he quickly step on it. No one should know what he's reading.

"This emperor is busy right now, see you later."

Consort Wei got the information that the emperor is here from the Minister. She's here to spy on what he's doing. But it must be something very serious that he doesn't want her to touch the book.

What could it be?

How's your week? I have quite a tiring week!

Anyway thank you for reading! Vote and share if you'd like ;)

See you next week!