Chapter 14

Chapter 14 

Iris Parker

Tapping my fingers against Jace's sleeping body, my eyes raised when I heard someone nearing the bedroom. 

Liam walked in through the door. He was wearing a white polo and jeans, looking so dashing. His grass-like eyes still held that deep darkness that indicated that he had a lot in mind. My heart tightened when our gazes met and I chose to look away. 

"Tomorrow, we'll move in back to the mansion." he says as he leans on the wall and stares at both Jace and I. Jacob and Jamie were with Haley and Gab as Jace rested in the house. 

I immediately looked up to him, my eyebrows furrowing in confusion and... anger. "What? No, Liam. We're staying at our apartment." 

"Ah, that thrashed place? All redeemable items are already being moved at Venialgo." he says simply which brewed more anger in me. Thrashed? 

How dare he? He can't just expect to come back in our lives so suddenly and impose us things. I'm still getting used to him being here and I'm sure the triplets are too. This is all going too fast. 

I got up slowly, making sure that Jace wouldn't wake up and got out the room, waiting for Liam to follow me which he did shortly.

"Liam, the kids are still not used to- to you." I cringed at the statement and I notice his look hardening as I said that. "Going to Venialgo right away will be a big change, too much of a change. Perhaps, we need a bit more time." 

"You mean, you need more time right?" he answered. I was stunned by his words and my heart gripped for a while. Was it me who needed more time? Something in me rose, more bitterness and anger. I somehow hated the way he spoke to me. 

"You know what I mean, Liam." 

He scoffed, hurting my heart a bit more. "I don't. This is not about me or you, Iris. This is about them." he says and he walks away. 

I bit my lip as I watched him walk away. 

-----

I packed the last belonging things that we had inside the bag and zipped it. I sighed as I stared at the room around me. 

I couldn't wrap the thought around my head that I was going back to Venialgo Mansion. 

The mansion was a huge estate, hidden from the city. It was a way too big place back when only Liam and I lived there and the many maids that lived there, but I know that even now, it's still much too big of a place for all of us. 

The Venialgo was designed by a famous architect specifically for the Parkers. The house was huge in width and had about 4 stories, having thousands of empty guest rooms and room for whatever stuff like a theatre room. I'm still convinced to this day that I haven't toured the entirety of that beautiful place. 

I laid down the bed, twirling the ends of my hair as thousands of thoughts came to my mind. 

I heard laughters outside, laughters that belonged to the triplets and to Liam. I smiled and my heart fluttered lightly as I listened to the beautiful melody. 

I could listen to that all day... If only we were a normal family. If only we were normal people. If only Liam... 

The room's door burst open and I quickly got up. Jamie came in with a big smile on his face. "Mommy! Hide me! Daddy's out to find me!" he says, his voice hushed, but excited.